Barber in Feb.

You can always crew for me…old people need help:woohoo:

I will be out there Thursday evening.

I’ll be there early Friday morning for the test and tune.

We’re exploring ways that we might have a fire in the paddock such that it passes the scrutiny of the Barber fun police. Anyone have one of those big grills that are made from cutting a 55gal barrel in half? Or just the cut barrel on some sort of stand.

Best Buy has a good selection of heaters cheap. I have a gas Coleman we use in tech, we hang it on stand and set around it.

I just saw the schedule. What a croc!Race on Sunday at 9:15 in the morning. Cold track, no practice, no qualifying. Hell, the DE1 gets more track time. Just another reason that NASA sucks! And you can quote me!

20min “all racer” warm up Sunday 0820.

Scott, perhaps you can suggest flipping the 9:55 HPDE3 session to precede the Blitz race. The warm-up, with well over 100 eligible cars is going to be gnarly, but worse than that is there is only about 20 minutes between the end of the practice and the need to be heading to the grid for the race, for those that choose to take the warm-up.

Not much time, if any actual work needs to be done.

I want to say thanks to Jim and Julie for getting us more track time. The 30 and 40 min races will be great!

[quote=“ctbimmer” post=75945]Scott, perhaps you can suggest flipping the 9:55 HPDE3 session to precede the Blitz race. The warm-up, with well over 100 eligible cars is going to be gnarly, but worse than that is there is only about 20 minutes between the end of the practice and the need to be heading to the grid for the race, for those that choose to take the warm-up.

Not much time, if any actual work needs to be done.[/quote]
It’s actually worse than that because the driver’s meeting starts at the same moment our practice session ends (0840). So if we went by the schedule by the time everyone got to the driver’s meeting Blitz would be due on grid.

I think we’re looking at an attempt to make everyone happy within tight time constraints and we’re going to have to be a bit flexible to make it work. For example, if we park back in the paddock at 0845 and grid is at 0905, we’ve barely time to change from practice to race tires, much less go to a driver’s meeting.

I’ve made enough demands, done enough bitching and generally annoyed everyone in NASA and SpecE30 enough for one month. Besides, this is really Jim Levie’s event. Robert and I are just his assistants.

The schedule asks us to do the impossible so we’re just going to have to find some flexibility. Maybe this means the driver’s meeting is done early Sun or late Sat. Maybe it means driver’s meetings are not only early or late, but also done only at class level. Maybe it means no driver’s meeting. Maybe we’re all to hung over to do the practice Sun morning anyhow.

Later edit. I found I was unable to sit on my fingers and I email Jim re. Sunday morning.

Written driver’s meeting handed out at registration:laugh:

Is Jim going to be there? I hadn’t seen him registered, and it sure would be nice to catch up with him.

-6 Karma in 2 posts. Impressive, and I quoted you.

Is Jim going to be there? I hadn’t seen him registered, and it sure would be nice to catch up with him.[/quote]
Yes, he’ll be there. Not racing tho so cheering us on from the sidelines and helping us figure out elusive car problems.

Hey, thanks King Tut! Interesting that telling it like it is gets negative karma. People need to stop living in denial. Look at how much track time u get on Friday for the price compared to NASA. BMW club race at COTA is a better bargain. NASA has an inferior product. The ONLY reason the are able to exist is that they have a monopoly with hardly any competition. Those are the cold, hard facts.Let’s see how many more negative karmas I can get.

I’m glad you have a better grasp on my cost/value equation than I do. Of course! What could I have been thinking? Thank you for enlightening me. I’m not defending this weekend’s schedule; I’ve been a critic of it.

However, the Karma bit is a new feature where the degree to which our presence on this forum can be scored, so to speak, using a form of crowdsourcing. There is no scale, but I would colloquially describe it as a continuum from “good guy” to “douchebag”. Your rating would seem to indicate your fellow folks on this site consider you to somewhat equivalent to “turd in the punchbowl”. I’m sure that makes you happy.

Anyway, I’ll try to keep my postings generally useful, and will look forward to making the best out of this weekend’s schedule. Of course, none of us know exactly who you are, but most of the others posting on this thread did, in fact, vote with their wallets and plan to attend the event. Good day, sir.

Well stated BUT, I have voted with my wallet which gives me the privilege to voice my opinion. This topic does not deserve any more of my time or energy. In return, I have no idea who you are. And a good day to you sir!

How many people are going to be impacted with this winter storm? Are people going to be able to get out with all the ice in Atlanta/Charlotte?

Looking sketchy for Thursday afternoon travel from North Atlanta. Looks like I will have to get the chains out for the truck and trailer!

Someone posted on the NASA-SE fb page that Qual is going to be gridded up using Practice times.