Barber tale and video thread

Well my weekend didn’t go quote as planned. Of course who expects there hub bearing to blow apart and see your tire go flying in the air. lol I can’t say enough about the generosity everyone showed. I owe a HUGE thanks to Lako and Bratton for the parts to put the car back in shape. That is what the series is all about. The “band of brothers” if you will. We had it all repaired and went out for the race but by the time we got out they we waiving us into the pits and I didn’t get to cross the start/finish line so I didn’t get scored for the race and it won’t count for my race total for nationals. That’s a huge bummer but oh well. Saturday night we finished the repairs and alignment to be back on track for Sunday mornings race. I started 21st at the very back and was able to get up to 11th by the end of the race. Having mismatch brake pads on the front made for some interesting baking zones but I still ran a good lap time for me of 1:48.1. I’ll take that. Had a great back and forth battle with Brian Edmonds that was a lot of fun. Hopefully Bratton will post up the video of my wheel flying off the car since he was right behind me when it happened. It was great to be back running with NASA and great to be at Barber’s! I agree with what everyone said about the local yellows because we all had a concern about the double yellows coming into this weekend. It was nice to see some faces I have not seen in a few years and to meet a bunch of new ones. Can’t wait to see all of you out on track again. The car will be getting many new parts in the next couple off weeks in preparation of going to Circuit Of The Americas next month with BMWCCA. Wish me luck. ALLEN

So how did HP/Weight number look? Any problems with dyno?

Peter Thibault

[quote=“PThibault” post=76087]So how did HP/Weight number look? Any problems with dyno?

Peter Thibault[/quote]

There was no dyno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6GJ1B0oKxY&feature=youtu.be

[quote=“BigKeyserSoze” post=76039]I have video from both SE30 races and one of the PTE races. About 6 of us doubled down and ran the BMWs in PT and had a great time doing so. Some great wars between myself, Espinosa, Stoops and Whittinger.

Saturday SE30 race here https://vimeo.com/86909182
Sunday SE30 race here https://vimeo.com/86937418
Sunday PTE race here https://vimeo.com/86899338

Lots of good racing throughout. I’m bummed that the camera died for the Saturday PTE race. Espinosa, Stoops and I went 3 wide for about half the track and never touched. Had a great time with everyone this weekend.

A special shout out should go to the NASA Midsouth people. I raced 4 races over the weekend, and there was never a double yellow the entire weekend, despite there being some crashes, cars with 3 wheels, dead Thunder Roadsters, SE30 cars with transmissions falling out, etc. They believe in the power of the single yellow and the tow truck. It allowed for some great racing.

-Scott[/quote]
I just watched your races. The 4 of you really put on a clinic for how to race hard and clean. It was really cool to watch. I salute you guys.

Thanks, Scott. My camera died for one race, but me, Stoops and Espinosa went three wide for over half a lap and never once hit. Who would have bet on that? It was a great time, and I can’t wait for more of it.

I watched the videos closely. A person can’t be subtle at Barber the straights are too short. Drama wins. I saw several instances where Sandro tried damned hard to take away a corner from Jared. Each time Jared gave him just enough room to make it work if he could, and Sandro never once over-cooked a corner and therefore created trouble. It was aggressive, controlled and cooperative. Really good stuff.

Thanks Scott! It was awesome racing! 3 wide for almost a lap and a half!

BTW - Tracks Unlimited will be at Rd. Atlanta this weekend, Jay and I are taking the 335’s on Sunday, if any of you guys would like to join us. $300 for Sunday $525 for the weekend, as much track time as Chin. Tracksunlimited.net

[quote=“Sandro32” post=76174]Thanks Scott! It was awesome racing! 3 wide for almost a lap and a half!

BTW - Tracks Unlimited will be at Rd. Atlanta this weekend, Jay and I are taking the 335’s on Sunday, if any of you guys would like to join us. $300 for Sunday $525 for the weekend, as much track time as Chin. Tracksunlimited.net[/quote]

Cool pic.

Watch your oil temps closely.

BTW, I’m a Burger Motorsport dealer for when you want add some go fast crack or even if you just want the oil cooler thermostat bypass to help keep the oil temps down. Will do what I can to help fellow SE30 guys. :slight_smile: On my '07, I’ve got JB4, intakes, downpipe for about 385hp & 405ft-lbs at the wheels! LSD is up next.