BW 4/21/12 - 4/22/12

Sundays video:

Part 1
Part 2

Great battles through almost the entire race even if I kept getting schooled coming out of the button hook. Kevin- I’m still not sure if your wave after I pushed you was to say “thanks” or “you’re an a-hole” :wink: I’ll be really happy when I get to use 2nd gear again.
Also, Steve, you’re a rockstar for doing so much for the enduro guys, you don’t get thanked enough!

I think the wave was to say, “dont push me, were coming up on the tow vehicle”.

I like the “push” you gave the parked BMW in the Esses. Is that how you bent the bumper?

Good stuff Matt!

[quote=“SurferShawn” post=65445]I think the wave was to say, “dont push me, were coming up on the tow vehicle”.

I like the “push” you gave the parked BMW in the Esses. Is that how you bent the bumper?

Good stuff Matt![/quote]

That was the second wave, the first one happened right after I pushed him. The e36 is the one that broke my bumper. That was a pretty solid hit, it was completely unexpected, that is not a place to lift.

I wish I could understand what you are saying in the second video at 13:20-13:29.

Matt, was the first wave right after the kink as you come off of Phil Hill? If so, that one wasnt for you. Steve moved over to get out of the way of the clubbie car and didnt know Kevin had a run. Is that the one? Where in the vid does Kevin do that?

Steve, im pretty sure he is saying something along the lines of “GO” and then he questions whether or not the driver of the 96 mother is also his aunt… yeah something like that.

They waves are on video 1

There was one wave at the 7:16 mark where he gave Kevin a little love tap exiting the button hook.

The second one was around the 8:30 mark where I moved over for Lagoni in the #611 evosport car not knowing Kevin krept up on the inside.

The third was at 9:27 for the fire safety vehicle on course. Kevin wisely gave a signal.

[quote=“Mattagaffer” post=65444]Sundays video:

Great battles through almost the entire race even if I kept getting schooled coming out of the button hook. Kevin- I’m still not sure if your wave after I pushed you was to say “thanks” or “you’re an a-hole” :wink: I’ll be really happy when I get to use 2nd gear again.
Also, Steve, you’re a rockstar for doing so much for the enduro guys, you don’t get thanked enough![/quote]

Matt, it was a wave at you and Steve, friendly wave both ways. I bumped Steve right before you bump me. He slowed just a little more than I thought he would and thus you bumped me too. It was all cool. If I am ever mad about something (and that is usually pretty rare) people know quick. I tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve.

It is fun watching your video. We were running so close that you are not really giving me the view I need of my car to analyze my suspension,… so… next time can you back up a little?

At 6:24 in your video from Sunday pretty cool Steve and I could run that close and not trade paint. Rius was very smart to use Steve’s distraction of battling me to slip past in that sweeper. Sorry I held you up. That stinkin’ Steve is just too tough to get by, and with my tires I felt it would be too risky to grab the inside and probably I would have slid into him. My coach would say 8 tires are better than 4 and that is true, but fighting for 5th… not worth it! Now if we were fighting for the win… see ya Steve! Comin’ through!!!

Nice job Charlie! You and Timmy schooled us all. I think Allan learned a lot. Everybody is going to have a tougher time with Allan now.

Woowww amazing work on the Strong car already. Very cool you can fix it amazing!

Ya gotta love this post…

I remember not getting my gear and I think I dragged the brake while trying to concentrate on my gear box. Sorry about that…I guess the bump was deserved, but not something I planned on.

As for the sweeper, that was exactly what happened. I was watching you and, truth be told, trying to hang on for dear life as my tires were over heating quickly and grip was iffy at best. I was actually trying to avoid hitting you and trying to use the throttle and brake to balance the car. That is why it was so shakey. I was trying to keep that delicate balance and still give racing room. I am completely confident going into any corner with Kevin and really do trust his driving so I try to give him all the respect he deserves.

Oh, and if it was for the win Kevin, I would expect nothing less form you. I am sure you would make every move you could and battle as hard as possible for the checker flag. I’d be the first to shake your hand and congratulate you on the win if you were to pull it off, because believe you me, you would have earned it!