Coming back soon (well kinda)

I use a 30A fuse and it hasn’t ever blown.

Super secret (not anymore) performance trick.

With the special cams I had installed, there is some valve overlap for scavenging of spent exhaust gasses. I fill up the exhaust with water to actually pull some of that water back into the cylinder and act as a combustion event cooler. This in turn allows me to run 68 degrees of total timing, which suprisingly is only 1 degree short of my goal for the project. :wink:

My definition of the difference betwwen tricks and cheats is that tricks are free and cheats cost money. I need to pick and choose tricks to not draw suspicion.

[quote=“cosm3os” post=62830][quote=“Foglght” post=62827]What amperage fuse should this SPAL fan be using? I know a lot of you guys use this fan.

Also, anyone got a reference for someone who does good vinyl for the car numbers/names?[/quote]

Rat racing graphics is a regional sponsor and fellow racer. Brian will take good care of you.[/quote]
I use Brian for all my FASTtech stuff. Always been happy.

They both cost money. In many cases, the tricks cost far more than the cheats.

Example:

The engine debate. To get a legal engine to make good power, it would be VERY expensive. To cheat, all you’d need to do is get a custom cam ground up and plop it in.

Anyone have banjo bolts they don’t need from the power steering stuff? I threw mine out long ago and could use them right now.

Also, if anyone has recommendations on coolant temp gauges, I’d love to hear them! I can get the gauges, but it looks like they all come with standard threaded sensors. I imagine I would need to pick up a metric adapter, but I don’t know the thread size/pitch.

Got the new bar from IE. Didn’t fit perfect, but it is in.

Drove the car about 10 miles today, despite the weather. Car sounds great, and has good power. It’s been over a year since I drove it. Pleasantly suprised.

I have some friends coming over in the next couple of weeks to cornerweight and align the car with some borrowed scales. We shall see how much it weighs then.

Found out the longer studs do not work. I was somewhat upset due to me having the conversation with the place I bought them from regarding this very subject. I have no plans to use spacers and asked if the longer ones worked without spacers.

I need to make friends with someone with scales. My brother has access to a very nice hunter alignment rack with turn plates on the weekend so I probably wouldn’t need to mess around with shimming the scales. It would be a long drive for you so I’ll probably have to find someone closer. It wont be untill 2 months from now untill I’m ready for the scales but I’ll make the offer. Free alignment on a very nice and new Hunter rack for sharing your scales. My brother works at Rob’s import repair in Kaukana, Wi now.

I am going to be out of the country here and there over the next couple of months, and chances are I won’t be able to do much. Thus the reason for pushing so hard to get this stuff done now and drive it. I’m getting back from Japan on the 18’th of February, and the next day those guys are coming over to scale and align the car.

I’m not even sure if I will be up for it, but don’t have any other time.

Ok, not sure if I need to be really annoyed at this point.

I looked on the FAQ for this site to determine what size numbers I need. The site says 8" side lettering.

I came home today and was finishing up putting the numbers on the car, but wanted to make sure there wasn’t some specific place the numbers need to be for the front and back. Ended up taking a peek through the NASA CCR for 2012.

The CCR specifies I use 10" lettering.

Please tell me I didn’t just waste a bunch of money getting numbers that are the wrong size…

[quote=“Foglght” post=63073]Ok, not sure if I need to be really annoyed at this point.

I looked on the FAQ for this site to determine what size numbers I need. The site says 8" side lettering.

I came home today and was finishing up putting the numbers on the car, but wanted to make sure there wasn’t some specific place the numbers need to be for the front and back. Ended up taking a peek through the NASA CCR for 2012.

Please tell me I didn’t just waste a bunch of money getting numbers that are the wrong size…[/quote]
The CCR is authoritative. “Bunch of money”?, 2 numbers?

imo 8" would be clearly too small for the car’s primary #'s. I’ve done 12 and 14".

[quote=“Ranger” post=63075][quote=“Foglght” post=63073]Ok, not sure if I need to be really annoyed at this point.

Please tell me I didn’t just waste a bunch of money getting numbers that are the wrong size…[/quote]
The CCR is authoritative. “Bunch of money”?, 2 numbers?

imo 8" would be clearly too small for the car’s primary #'s. I’ve done 12 and 14".[/quote]

Clearly it is too small since the “SPECE30” website lists the incorrect information. And yes, I do consider spending $80 on numbers to be a bit much.

[quote=“Ranger” post=63075]
The CCR is authoritative.[/quote]

3.1. “Shall” is mandatory, “may not” is prohibitive, and “may” is permissive. If there is a conflict
between the Regulations and the CCR, [color=#ff0000]the Regulations supersede the CCR[/color]. If an item is not
addressed in the Regulations then the item is controlled by the CCR

I may have bought 8in number’s as well. I can’t remember for sure but I know I didn’t look in the CCR.

Well, hopefully this is correct.

So, I believe the car is ready to get inspected and issued a logbook. Anybody local near me that can get this done before I get to the track?

Congrats! Autobahn registration is open!

Probably not traveling to Autobahn this year. I had planned to stay in the state as much as possible and maybe heading out to MO. With the unexpected expenses on the car, I won’t be able to do a full season.

Then I’ll see you at Gman in June!

yeah, what is the deal here…

Great Lakes schedule doesn’t say anything about Gingerman in June. Is this ia Midwest or crossover event?

I saw the first GL event was April 11-13.

Can anyone do the tech inspection and issue a logbook before I get to the track? Do I need to drive the car somewhere? I hate running around like a madman at the track trying to get all this stuff done.

I think what you see on the Nasa site is all you get.

Capaldi Racing
28233 Kehrig
Chesterfield Mi 48047
586-949-7223
www.Capaldiracing.com

Rehagen Racing
35155 Industrial Rd
Livonia, MI 48150
734-524-9770
www.rehagenracing.com

VRPerformance
43706 Utica Road