Nationals, 5 entries?

Here’s an allowable means to detune.

Don’t participate in a HP war, when HP doesn’t win the race.

The HP cap didn’t keep 40 cars from East Champs.

Of course they declinded.

Not NASA’s problem.

If someone is going to chase numbers, because they can afford it, what is that saying to those that can’t?

People paying attention know how this has harmed other spec classes in the past.

[quote=“Tow Mater” post=78292]Here’s an allowable means to detune.

Don’t participate in a HP war, when HP doesn’t win the race.

The HP cap didn’t keep 40 cars from East Champs.[/quote]

Again, the irony is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

The one asking for the allowable detune info is the one who didn’t ask for the allowable tuning info and was the genesis of this. :whistle:

Amen…they came and ran.

Fooshe,

That is now about the 7th time you have thrown me under the bus. A good spare is always fun but you have taken it a bit too far. You are officially on my black list.

One last thing to mention…I finally caught on to what you made reference to regarding “secret balast” Just an FYI, that “secret balast” doubled as a backing plate to hold the lead in my trunk. Furthermore, it was shown & approved by both Jeff Moehler and Alan Blain (Nasa Officials). I don’t believe that I left the weights in the trunk when I sold the car to Mark.

If there is anything more you are referring to about the car I sold Mark, then take it up with me privately. I placed runner up in the Norcal regional championship both in 2011&2012 & had front of back battles all the way to the end of the 2012 Season. Car sat in trailer during month of December. Jan 2013, I went to Sonoma & did back to back to back to back testing between the old #93 & THE VERT. As the day progressed, trying to keep variables like tires, pressures & setups identical, I still set faster times in the old #93 throughout the entire day, however, I was able to get within a half second in The Vert & my seating position in that car was not perfect. I felt things were close enough between the cars for me to take on a new challenge & sell the other car for economic benefit.I purchase The Vert for $10k in October 2012 & Sold the old #93 for a sum higher than that as it was a proven contender to arguably run at the front of Norcal Spec e30. The motors in each of the cars put out 161hp. OUT…

[quote=“Steve Ferrario” post=78371]Fooshe,

That is now about the 7th time you have thrown me under the bus. A good spare is always fun but you have taken it a bit too far. You are officially on my black list.

One last thing to mention…I finally caught on to what you made reference to regarding “secret balast” Just an FYI, that “secret balast” doubled as a backing plate to hold the lead in my trunk. Furthermore, it was shown & approved by both Jeff Moehler and Alan Blain (Nasa Officials). I don’t believe that I left the weights in the trunk when I sold the car to Mark.

If there is anything more you are referring to about the car I sold Mark, then take it up with me privately. I placed runner up in the Norcal regional championship both in 2011&2012 & had front of back battles all the way to the end of the 2012 Season. Car sat in trailer during month of December. Jan 2013, I went to Sonoma & did back to back to back to back testing between the old #93 & THE VERT. As the day progressed, trying to keep variables like tires, pressures & setups identical, I still set faster times in the old #93 throughout the entire day, however, I was able to get within a half second in The Vert & my seating position in that car was not perfect. I felt things were close enough between the cars for me to take on a new challenge & sell the other car for economic benefit.I purchase The Vert for $10k in October 2012 & Sold the old #93 for a sum higher than that as it was a proven contender to arguably run at the front of Norcal Spec e30. The motors in each of the cars put out 161hp. OUT…[/quote]

After you post that, now you want to talk in private? Seriously?

So now I am on your “Black List”? What exactly does it mean to be on your Black List? Please tell me that is not some kind of veiled threat?

Check you mail box.

Black List= No help with secret tire pressures or any other secret setup tricks.

Oh, well hell, you never give me the right one’s anyway! :huh:

Steve, read the message I emailed you and stop pickin’ on the fat kid in the little car. :dry:

then you can sneak up on people with that silent exhaust!B)

are we going to have a spec e30 event at sears this november?:blush:

they have all ready extended the early sign up and now it cost $200.00 more!:evil:

at this point i am not sure what to think about the future of our series here on the left coast:huh:

Agreed, it is a dismal entry list.

Looks like there is only going to be 11 of us.

11 or 111, it doesn’t matter…there must be a WCC!

Let’s face it, there are a number of reasons for why the sign up #'s are low and some of them can’t be fixed. All we can do is encourage people to come and race. However, the tiered cost structure makes the hurdle that much higher every month that they don’t sign up. That, in and of itself, is the biggest challenge the WCC faces; IMHO.

I’m a SE guy and I was looking at the final size of the east coast event compared to west. The difference is stark. I know there’s still some months to go, but as you’ve said, with the graduated pricing it seems unlikely the numbers will jump significantly in the future.

The funny thing is that even with you guys talking about the weak sign ups, you are the biggest class so far on the roster.-- the only group in double digits. The east coast event had, I think 9 or 10 double-digit classes.

So, the question is I think, why are sign ups so weak across the board?

Anything I post for someone other than a SoCal driver is purely speculative and based on hear say, so it would be unfair to comment on them.

SoCal racers had 2 races this year that required looong tows and bit into budgets that are already a bit thin to begin with. So financial reasons clearly one of the biggest reasons. Others feared that there would be rule change, largely based on things that should have never been posted or released before they were done deals, and that change would put them at a real HP disadvantage. On top of that, most of the SoCal guys, me included, have never raced there. So they would have an expensive trip to a NorCal home track and participate in a Championship event at a track they are learning. Lastly, it is time off of work right before the holidays and some don’t have the luxury. Put that all together and you can see that it is not that attractive to a number of the drivers.

However, there are currently a good handful of SoCal guys signed up and are cocked, locked and ready to rock!

The problem is the local region has their own rules to which they built their cars, which could get them DQ’d under national rules (I believe). That’s my take on it.

It’s a long tow, and it ain’t cheap staying in Napa. I skipped a bunch of races this year so I’m in. More prizes four me!1!! (yea right)

Re. a long tow. What do you guys perceive as a long tow? The two most distant races in my SE region are 7 and 8hrs away. I did 6hrs to Road Atlanta 4x this year and will do another in Dec. Nothing special about my story, lots of guys do it. 8hrs would get a person a fair distance in CA.

With split speed limits (55 at all times), $4-5 a gallon gas, and the grades / traffic on the 5, the 430 miles to Napa is plenty far for me. It’s basically a full day’s drive with a trailer. I’m also spoiled because most races are <80 miles from home.

It’s much easier to go long distances with a trailer in the south. I live part of the year in Louisiana and part here.

Amen to that. We truly are spoiled. From Northern California to western Arizona to Las Vegas, SoCal has 9 tracks within 8-9 hours of us.

Towing 4-5 hours is the max for most due to the strict enforcement and split speed limits.

[quote=“ctbimmer” post=78408]I’m a SE guy and I was looking at the final size of the east coast event compared to west. The difference is stark. I know there’s still some months to go, but as you’ve said, with the graduated pricing it seems unlikely the numbers will jump significantly in the future.

The funny thing is that even with you guys talking about the weak sign ups, you are the biggest class so far on the roster.-- the only group in double digits. The east coast event had, I think 9 or 10 double-digit classes.

So, the question is I think, why are sign ups so weak across the board?[/quote]

944spec has the largest class currently with 15 I believe.

I moved from 944 to E30 this year due to low car counts in 944. I expected to be racing with 20+ cars at Nationals in E30. Boy did I miss the markers on that one!

The HP cap is actually higher in the Nationals rules but you have to carry the weight. I expect to be adding close to 100 lbs to my car for Nationals.

At last count the total racecar signups for West Nationals was under 100!

NorCal runs many more cars than that at a standard regional event. I dont under stand the low counts across the board. This is the home track for lots of guys in NorCal.

I suppose that paying $500 for 3 days may have ruffled some feathers. Hard to figure…

[quote=“priapism” post=78420]With split speed limits (55 at all times), $4-5 a gallon gas, and the grades / traffic on the 5, the 430 miles to Napa is plenty far for me. It’s basically a full day’s drive with a trailer. I’m also spoiled because most races are <80 miles from home.

It’s much easier to go long distances with a trailer in the south. I live part of the year in Louisiana and part here.[/quote]

Interesting. Those are good points. I spent the 80’s in San Diego so I knew the SOCAL of 30yrs ago pretty well. I’ve visited only a couple times since. Last month the family spent a week around SF and NORCAL. It seems very different now. And I was shocked by the fuel prices. $1 more/gal then I’m used to.

Hustle back to Louisiana. We’re descending on NOLA in 2 weeks. That’s a 13hr tow (one way) for me and there’s one guy even farther.

"The problem is the local region has their own rules to which they built their cars, which could get them DQ’d under national rules (I believe). That’s my take on it. "

And it is incorrect.

They know the score, and Champs are national rules strict. It’s been hammered in Norcal E30 since race 1 this year.