2010 Northeast Race/HPDE schedule

OK guys, here’s the preliminary schedule for next year. Looking real good with racing on 7 different tracks and DEs on 8. Enduros also got added to 4 of the weekends and Sundays race should be a 40 minute race with no morning practice, just qualifying.

March 27 Lime Rock Park HPDE full day
April 11 Pocono North Open Track/Competition School
April 16-18 NJMP Lightning HPDE/ NASA Race (Enduro Friday)
April 30 Lime Rock Park HPDE full day
May 3-4 Watkins Glen HPDE
May 14 Monticello Motor Club HPDE full course
May 28-30 NJMP Lightning HPDE/ NASA Race (Enduro Friday)
June ( To be announced )
July 16-18 Pocono Grand Slam HPDE / NASA Race
Aug 13-14 Limerock HPDE / NASA Race half day
Sept 4-5 Pocono North HPDE/ NASA Race
Sept 17 Monticello Motor Club HPDE full course
Oct 1-3 Watkins Glen HPDE / NASA Race (Enduro Friday)
Oct 29-31 NJMP Thunder HPDE/ NASA Race (Enduro Friday)

I was told that there was going to be a comp school at the April NJMP event also, but it isn’t listed, so I’ll check into it.

So now, we just have to wait about 4.5 months until the first race B)

sean do you have any more info on the enduros? how long would be the main thing…

sounds good! tks for the update.

andrew240z wrote:

From what Brian Casella has said, the first one is only going to be 1.5 hours. Hopefully the others will be longer

Sean, just thought I’d jump-over and say Hello.
How is NJMP in late October?

Regards, RP

Hmmmm. May at NJMP might be fun. I like to try a new track each year. 12ish hours from Atlanta, but only 30 miles from my dad’s place at the shore. :woohoo:

Just need to change from “y’all” to “yous guys” and I am all set!:laugh:

Steve D wrote:

[quote]Hmmmm. May at NJMP might be fun. I like to try a new track each year. 12ish hours from Atlanta, but only 30 miles from my dad’s place at the shore. :woohoo:

Just need to change from “y’all” to “yous guys” and I am all set!:laugh:[/quote]

fly in Steve, I can have a rental there at the airport waiting for you. drive right down to the track!!

I was hoping for a comp school at WGI. Still a good lookin’ schedule!

andrew240z wrote:

[quote]Steve D wrote:

fly in Steve, I can have a rental there at the airport waiting for you. drive right down to the track!![/quote]
Tempting, but I will have the family in tow for the long Memorial Day weekend. Might as well drive.

Maybe I can talk my wife into and educational trip through DC for the girls (towing a trailer:blink: ). “Hey kids, there’s where Marion Barry smoked up his career.”

send the kids down the shore and stay at the track for the fun!!

C’mon up guys! NJMP in Oct is great racing weather…Not too hot, not too cold yet either!

Robert: NJMP in October is real nice, it will still be warmer up here than it was at Road Atlanta last weekend. The October Glen date is good too and a bunch of you southerners have made that trip the last 2 years.

Steve: May is going to be nice too, not too hot yet, but warm enough that we won’t freeze. If you have family nearby, then you really don’t even have an excuse not to go.

Either date is going to be worth it, NJMP is a fun track. Doesn’t have the history yet, but I would say it’s one of the best tracks on the east coast, has a little bit of everything. The north vs. south smack talk that would occur would be worth it alone :slight_smile: