2010 Season Opener NJMP April 17-18

Less than a month to go until we finally get to go racing. It’s been a long winter and the season can’t come soon enough. Who’s planning on being there? And if you have an excuse for not going, post up so we use peer pressure to make you realize that you’re going racing instead B)

I’m signed up for the comp school that weekend. Pretty much right after I did that, everything on the home front blew up…my folks got into a retirement apartment, sold their house, and guess who has to clean it out? So I’ve got a car on jack stands, a box full of new radiator hoses and haven’t cracked open the CCR in weeks. What do you think my chances of passing will be?
:huh:
Last I saw there were only myself and 2 other SE30s registered for the races.

Dwight, don’t stress out about passing. Just don’t crash and/or make stupid mistakes and you’ll be fine. They won’t ask what rule XX.2.3 in the CCR is or anything crazy like that, it’s more about knowing the procedures so you’re safe on track.

Are the hoses all you have to do to the car? And yeah, there are only 3 of us signed up so far. Where is everyone?

I wanted to replace all the hoses because their age is probably ‘original’. I need to drain the rest of the antifreeze out of the system. It needs the oil changed. It needs the wheels bolted back on and the whole thing tied down onto the trailer. That’s the essential list. There’s a lot of other stuff I’d wanted to do but it’s nothing that can’t wait. I’m still short a decal from my supplier and I need to hassle him. I have yet to actually wear my HANS with my helmet and try to get out of the car with it on. The tow vehicle has about half of it’s turn signals functioning, no radio, and nothing to cover the bed with but I’ll survive.
:stuck_out_tongue:

my car won’t be race ready for this. it should be running by the weekend though. will need to do all the rest of the interior stuff after that. still need to buy rain wheels/tires too… sean, i’m sure everyone is slowly waking up from the winter gloom!

Well then I’m not going. If I can’t kick your butt on a real track like I do in iRacing, then what’s the point?
:laugh:

hehe… you better back up that smack talk :wink:

What car and When do you normally race on iRacing? I havent been on in a few weeks.

i think so far it’s mostly been the srf though we did do a few in the slowstice. we haven’t been able to gather quorum in a while either. it’s usually a sunday night 9pm race.

My car is still on stands. Had a bit more work to do then anticipated once I really went over the car with a fine tooth comb. Once I got the lean running condition sorted the car died all together. Got that fixed and lost motivation mid winter with the original long list of projects to do to freshen the car and make it 100% safe and reliable. So much for buying a “done” car. I also have a stripped sub frame body nut that I have yet to tackle. That could take extra time. I hope to be out by mid year if work does not get in the way and I don’t find any other major items.

Jason

So it’s me and Curran? I’ll be lucky to see a speck of his car color in front of me.
:laugh:

Styles is signed up too, everyone else seems to be MIA haha

Only 7 spots left before the race groups are full, so if you’ve been waiting to register, do it sooner rather than later.

Looks like I will be running on Saturday, and Justin is running on Sunday. Should be interesting, since I have ran 0 laps there!

Peter Thibault

Zero laps there myself. Shouldn’t be hard; all we have to do is follow Curran. :laugh:

I’ve only been on Lightning once and it was wet, so I wouldn’t trust me haha

Peter, that’s good that you and Justin are sharing the car…where’s Matt at?

Hey guys,

Due to a few minor financial setbacks and overall schedule issues, the SE30 build isn’t quite where I thought it would be at this point. I found a nice, rust free, 89 325i that was someone’s track project car originating from Southern Cal, but it still needs some work to comply with the class rules. This year, my efforts will be to sort the car out and continue the build process.

I was hoping to go racing this year, but that’s likely not going to happen…unless I ‘find’ some cash laying around. :huh: My debut should be in the beginning of 2011, for a full season of racing. This year, I will continue HPDE and Auto-X in hopes that I will be ‘ready’ too. In the near future, I will be posting some pics of the progress. I will be seeing you guys at some of the tracks. My goal is to make it to NJMP at the end of May, Pocono in July and Sept and WGI in October. I might even make it to Hyperfest this year.

Hey guys, I’ll be at the race this weekend, but just instructing the HPDE. I’ll be in a red '84 911 (Duct Tape Motorsports). I’m just going so I can learn the track since we’re hitting it in the One Lap of America this year (on May 6th, to be precise). My friend Scott Barton, owner of MyTrackSchedule.com, has offered up his car to me, so I couldn’t refuse.

I look forward to meeting you guys and watching the SE30’s battle it out. We had our Great Lakes region season opener last weekend, so the juices are definitely flowing!

Novice permit obtained, I hit the track tomorrow. :slight_smile:

congrats dwight!!