944Spec guys' review of the RR

It would be way more effective than no ban. If someone wants to paddock away from everyone else and keep his tires in the trailer so you can’t see the shave marks, others might be suspicious and pay him a friendly visit. :woohoo:

Remind me to park closer and to scrub the shaved pirates.

[quote=“Foglght” post=68646]Remind me to park closer and to scrub the shaved pirates.[/quote]I never said it was a perfectly tech-able rule. :wink:

Here in the Southeast, it’s pretty competitive but we don’t have folks skirting the rules like that. If someone wants to shave them and run a session somewhere else then show up with indistingushable shaved RR’s, they’ll probably get away with it.

Down here, peer pressure and a paddock-together/open-hood policy keeps folks from trying too much funny stuff.

I forgot to insert the sarcasm smiley…

I agree with Steve…put the ban on shaving in the rules. Other than weight savings (rotating mass savings)there is no benefit from shaving a molded race tire.

[quote=“Steve D” post=68650]I never said it was a perfectly tech-able rule. :wink:
[/quote]

Not to resurrect this thread but…

Why create a rule that you can’t enforce? That’s no different from giving each other the stank eye in impound, which you’re already free to do.

If the tire is faster shaved, it will be shaved. Spec Miata just went through this switching to Hoosier in SCCA. Thankfully the tire was not faster shaved so it hasn’t been an issue.

[quote=“brian” post=68881][quote=“Steve D” post=68650]I never said it was a perfectly tech-able rule. :wink:
[/quote]

Not to resurrect this thread but…

Why create a rule that you can’t enforce?[/quote]

This is true of a few of the rules we have now. If I’m cheating I’ll have the courtesy of doing it behind your back in an unthinkable way.

[quote=“Steve D” post=68650][quote=“Foglght” post=68646]Remind me to park closer and to scrub the shaved pirates.[/quote]I never said it was a perfectly tech-able rule. :wink:

Here in the Southeast, it’s pretty competitive but we don’t have folks skirting the rules like that. If someone wants to shave them and run a session somewhere else then show up with indistingushable shaved RR’s, they’ll probably get away with it.

Down here, peer pressure and a paddock-together/open-hood policy keeps folks from trying too much funny stuff.[/quote]
I’ve been knocking around the idea of putting in a turbo, not telling anyone, and then just driving away from people all weekend. The hilarity would be easily worth the work.