949 Racing 6UL 15x7 +15

Our Spec E30 specific 6UL is currently in R&D phase. We may not have them here by 2015 West Coast champs but should make East Coast no problem. Shoot us an email through the website to be put on the mailing list for updates. We will also post on the fb Spec E30 group and list them on our website when they are in. We probably won’t take pre-orders for these. They will just pop up on our site when they are in the building. The port of Los Angeles is experiencing significant and continued delays which make it impossible to estimate ship dates accurately for pre-orders.

13.1 lbs
+15
57.1 hub bore
4x100
Low pressure cast, flow formed A356.2 T-6
Double valve for nitrogen purging
JWL tested
VIA certified

Our standard 15x7 +36, also in development is a 10 lb wheel. For the Spec E30 version we have a few luxuries. One, we can push the spokes back for a wider lip. Makes for a bit stronger wheel and looks nice as a bonus. The key is having to add so much mass to the wheel. We learned from our Spec Miata wheel back in 2007 that while adding all the weight to the hub area kept MOI (Moment Of Inertia) low, it did nothing to protect the flanges in the inevitable car to car contact. SM racers noticed the wheels were fast but they bent the lips. So for our next foray into a “spec weight” engineering challenge, much of that extra mass was added to to the outer flange, flow formed barrel and inner flange. While our wheel won’t spin up any faster than other 13.1 lbs wheels, we think it will be the strongest SE30 wheel available. In the end, the majority of drivers are simply trying to be competitive in their region while reducing consumables costs. Wheels are consumables. If we can cut your annual wheel budget down significantly, we have succeeded.

There have been a few questions about just how much offset can be run and remain within the 1685mm trackwidth rule. [strike]From the sources we have contacted, +10 is close but still allows 5 to 10mm spacers per side for tuninig. Most of the fastest SE30’s seem to be running between +5 and +10mm effective offset with their wheel/spacer combo.[/strike] Wheel is going to be +15 after discussion here. Our goal is to allow most racers to get close to max trackwidth without spacers, but leave enough fudge room for bent tubs or tuning with small spacers.

Final price has not been set but we are targeting $135 + shipping.

Tungsten - This finish is a very reflective metallic looking gray

Charcoal - This finish is a satin black. medium glos

No offense, but this doesn’t seem to jive with what folks here have been saying. Seems like the common wisdom is that +10 was borderline legal back in the RA-1 days. Now, the RR’s are a bit wider and the 2015 rules changed how track width is measured (from the outside edges of the toe plates). So it would seem that +10 itself puts you into questionable territory, and there’s no way you’re getting 10mm spacers on.

This isn’t a challenge, but I’d love to be shown the error of my ways if someone were to provide actual measurements using RR’s, +10 wheels, and the revised track width measurement rule.

I need new wheels. These look great, and I’m really excited about them.

Given the controversy here, I’d like to confirm that these are actually legal with RRs mounted. Most people seem to think +15 is the widest you can go. But if they are legal, I’m in for a set. Hell, you can use my car for the test if you want.

The wheels look great, btw.

We’re in for direct measurements, per the rule book if anyone has them. The only confirmed data points I have show +10 is OK.
I just want to distinguish internet hearsay from one person taking carefully controlled measurements and publishing results.

[quote=“Racing949” post=80560]We’re in for direct measurements, per the rule book if anyone has them. The only confirmed data points I have show +10 is OK.
I just want to distinguish internet hearsay from one person taking carefully controlled measurements and publishing results.[/quote]

Thank you, much appreciated!

I recently had to ditch my front spacers. I run (ran) +25 wheels with 15 spacers (net effect +10 wheels). They were too wide. I can’t possibly see how +10’s would be legal on the front. +15 is probably borderline now with how the measuring rule has changed. FWIW, I use that setup on the rears and it’s within spec.

If I may ask, measured by NASA or by you with the specified Longacre plates?

By me with longacre plates. Hopefully my techincal skills include tape measures.:stuck_out_tongue:

At the risk of stating the obvious, the RRs are wider than the old RA1s. What worked two years ago might not be legal today, since measurements are taken off the tires & not the wheels, really.

Obvious is fine and welcome. We researched this fitment quite extensively… about 7 years ago. If the wider tire and new measurement protocol renders the once awesome +10 illegal, then we will adjust. Going to +15 the wheel will lose about 8mm of the 41mm lip of the current drawing because we will use a different tool. So still nice looking and concave.

I’d much rather have +25. With +15 you lose the ability to tune to the car with spacers.

Wheels are here!
Charcoal and Tungsten in stock

http://949racing.com/15x7-6UL-SE30.aspx

Is there enough meat on the SM version to open up the hub bore on a lathe to 57.1mm? I guess the main concern would be the weight dropping to under 13lbs, though.

Yes, but that is not a service we offer. And yes, it would make the wheels under min weight. What would be your reason to do that?

Yes, but that is not a service we offer. And yes, it would make the wheels under min weight. What would be your reason to do that?[/quote]

There’s not a lot you can do to tune SE30’s, so it’s nice to have the option to use wheel spacers. It’s not possible with the +15 offset.

But, I’ll scratch the idea if it’ll take too much weight off. I love the design of the wheels otherwise.

First production batch of Spec E30 6UL wheels just arrived and shipped out racers today. A small part of the cost of this wheel is the extra steps taken during production to match weight to tiny +/- tolerance, much tighter than normal production wheels. First Tungsten 15x7 6UL we pulled out of a box? 13.042 lbs. It’s odd handling the 15x7 Spec wheel. We are accustomed to small 15’s being super light. Our standard 15x7 4x100 6UL is just over 10lbs compared to this 13 lb monster.

[size=5]$109 each Charcoal
$119 each Tungsten
[/size]
Current price until this batch sells out, plus shipping. Subject to change for the next production run of the E30 wheel scheduled for summer 2016.
Website inventory is actual. Choose the finish you want, website will display “In stock” or “sold out”.
Add to cart, enter your zip code into “Get Rates” box and hit enter key for shipping quote