Anyone building in the Socal area?

If anyone is building their car in the socal area and wants to talk/work on cars lemme know. Two beemers are better than one! Email me @ espphotography@gmail.com

I was thinking about having a sunroof removal/panel install party sometime soon. Just fininshed gutting the lower half of the interior; seats, carpet, door panels, back half of center console, rear shelf minus 3rd brakelight. Anyone???

Where do you live? My schedule is pretty much full until after the NASA event at Cal Speedway (21-22 March). Are you planning on being there?

Mike

Yeah, I should definately be there. Hey a ?, since Ryan never responded to my email. Do I have to get my physical before showing up to the HPDE events? or is that just for racing? And if I have had several track days under my belt, do i still have to start out in HPDE 1? Thanks. I live in Hawthorne, which is just south of LAX airport.

esphoto wrote:

No, you don’t need a physical for HPDE. That’s just for racing.

If this is your first NASA event you’ll start out in HPDE 1. Here in SoCal, HPDE 1 and 2 run together. For NASA SoCal, HPDE 1 requires instructors whereas in HPDE 2 they are optional. You might get promoted from HPDE 1 to HPDE 2 after the first day but don’t sweat it. Your lead instructor (for HPDE 1/2) is a guy by the name of John Matthew. He’s a good guy and runs a tight ship.

Just make sure your car is ready to go and that you are well-rested. Also, get to the track early and get your car teched. You can also get it teched at select garages before Friday. See this list for tech inspection stations in California: http://www.nasaproracing.com/events/hpdetechstations.htm

Don’t be late for any of the meetings. We should get a schedule emailed to us any day now.

I’ll be in HPDE 3 driving a white E30 (#511). Stop by and say hi!

Mike

Did the schedule for this weekend show up yet? I am going to be bringing the M3, and it needs to be tech’d. I wanna know how early i am going to have to get there to tech, if not, I will try to take it to that shop in LA to get it done on thursday.

I haven’t gotten anything yet, either. But I was able to pull this off of the main NASA website: http://socal.drivenasa.com/events/Sched-CSMar08.pdf

Gates open at 6 AM and tech starts at 6:45 AM.

What’s your number and color of your M3? I’ll be in a white E30 (#511 or 51).

Mike

I have a white 95 M3. Don’t know my number yet. I will try to find you. I am going to be running HPDE1 so I will have plenty to time to get the tape out for numbers haha.