BimmerWorld Pound Robert Grace Bounty

Gentlemen-

As we begin the new 2013 season and we are once again paying out contingency, I have decided to create the BimmerWorld Mid-Atlantic SpecE30 Pound Robert Grace Bounty.

Not sure if you are as tired of Robert Grace taking our first-place contingency money as we are, but we are going to add a carrot to the already existing contingency payouts, trophies, fame, and piles of cash otherwise associated with a Saturday race win. For the foreseeable 2013 race season*, every driver that is eligible for the full BimmerWorld contingency program that beats Robert on the Saturday contingency race will get a $50 BimmerWorld Gift Card. 10 racers beat Robert - great, we pay 10 people. As long as I don’t have to send a contingency payout to Robert, I am happy.

Details (there are always are a few to keep it fair):
[ul]
[li]*If Robert starts throwing races so his buddies get rich $50 at a time, or if costs are way higher than we anticipate, we reserve the right to cancel the program at any time, with notice before the next affected race. We also reserve the right to up the ante along the way.[/li]
[li]While a $50 Gift Card is obviously enough to send your kid to college (or pay your bar tabs while there, depending on your current status), this huge incentive can’t make the racing unsafe. Contact resulting in a spin/off/position change doesn’t cut it. I will be the sole judge of the situation. [/li]
[li]I am looking for real Robert Grace poundings on track. If Robert is a DNS or DNF, that isn’t a level of domination we are paying for. [/li]
[li]This Bounty is for all the drivers/car owners in the SE30 field - not ringers or guns for hire. If you’re a frequent renter, you’re in. If you win a Rolex or World Challenge race, you’re out. Sorry Mike.[/li]
[li]To be eligible for the full BimmerWorld contingency program, you must have both BW and PFC decals placed as directed in the details of that program. [/li]
[li]Claims for this Bounty will be made the same way as for our standard contingency program.[/li]
[/ul]
Good luck to all - I look forward to March!

James

Someone tell my wife to watch the newborn tonight. I’ll be wrenching in the garage…
-Vic

LOL!

Allright guys, is there not a race this weekend?

Where is the pre-race discussion?
Who is racing?

Where is the enthusiasm?

Wish I could be there to watch the records fall as the new tire hits the pavement.

RP

Ooo… ice pellets in Sunday’s forecast.

Robert swept the weekend.

Saturday in the dry and Sunday in a 40 minute near freezing rain fest that saw hydr0-planing cars all over the grass.

Sunday was over in one lap. I pumped up the field from the second floor deck of the pagoda on the pit out lap and after the start watched the chaos into T1.

All three groups went by pretty cleanly and then the silent pause …and then here comes Robert down the front straight all alone and already a quarter mile in front of even the Spec3 guys.

Congrats to Robert and to Paul for his first podium (Silver .357 car) and to the brave souls who stayed.

Unfortunately I do think we lost a car for good.

-Ken

Thank Ken! Sunday’s track conditions were insane during the race. I didn’t expect to get 3rd considering I went off sideways in the brake zone of T1 around marker 3, but I did manage to get it back on the track and finish. Fortunately I didn’t plant my E30 into a tire wall, armco, or concrete.

Awesome Paul!

-Martin

I’m gonna need a new helmet scheme!!

[attachment=1974]bf.jpg[/attachment]

Bounty Hunter in the hizzie :slight_smile: See everyone at Summit!!!
-Vic

Can I have your old helmet? Maybe it will make me faster. :laugh:

Well done Vic! Pretty fancy racing suit too!

I keep trying but can’t for the life of me find the required PFC stickers on Vic’s car. I’m sure it’s me…

uh oh!

Great drive Saturday, Vic! I was bummed we didn’t get the opportunity to duke it out Saturday but you drove well. Glad you’re back in the mix, a great addition in the paddock and on track!

I dont see any NASA or HAWK stickers either.:lol:

I’m having Gagliardo photoshop all my stickers in post-race. Maybe add some sweet flames, Z3 vents, and a baller wing. I hear the Porsche guys do it all the time.

[attachment=1975]car.jpg[/attachment]

-Vic

Nice motor!:silly:

Hey new (old) guy…tell Grace to send you the KNS stickers…yer in - :slight_smile:

:evil:

i kid - i kid…

HUGE thank-you to James Clay and Bimmerworld for putting this fun bounty together. I was sitting on my butt when this came out, and my car re-build had been collecting dust. This was exactly the type of motivation I needed to get out to the garage and turn some wrenches.

The last event at VIR was a barn-burner, as Palacio, Gags, Harper, and I all got a piece of the bounty. I hope you guys e-mailed James about collecting! I’ll be putting my $50 towards supplies for next year - daddy needs a new set of PFCs baby!

Robert, thanks for being a good sport about it too :slight_smile: You were Vettel-esque this year - just awesome. I can’t wait to give you a run for your money next year!

-Vic

P.S. I’ve still got a few “I didn’t beat RG1” T-shirts lying around for the rest of you guys…

[attachment=2001]IMG_3771_sm.jpg[/attachment]

[quote=“victorhall” post=74655]HUGE thank-you to James Clay and Bimmerworld for putting this fun bounty together. I was sitting on my butt when this came out, and my car re-build had been collecting dust. This was exactly the type of motivation I needed to get out to the garage and turn some wrenches.

The last event at VIR was a barn-burner, as Palacio, Gags, Harper, and I all got a piece of the bounty. I hope you guys e-mailed James about collecting! I’ll be putting my $50 towards supplies for next year - daddy needs a new set of PFCs baby!

Robert, thanks for being a good sport about it too :slight_smile: You were Vettel-esque this year - just awesome. I can’t wait to give you a run for your money next year!

-Vic

P.S. I’ve still got a few “I didn’t beat RG1” T-shirts lying around for the rest of you guys…

[attachment=2001]IMG_3771_sm.jpg[/attachment][/quote]

Awesome. I’m in for a t-shirt. $$ and paypal address?

Ranger, shoot me your address. victor at victor-hall dot com
You can buy me a beer at the next NASA party :slight_smile:
-Vic

[quote=“victorhall” post=74655]HUGE thank-you to James Clay and Bimmerworld for putting this fun bounty together. I was sitting on my butt when this came out, and my car re-build had been collecting dust. This was exactly the type of motivation I needed to get out to the garage and turn some wrenches.

-Vic

[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words, Vic - it was an awesome year! Really glad you came back from your soul searching hiatus, I think there are going to be some legendary battles in the future. Massive thanks to James from BW for sticking with the series and generating some real excitement with the whole bounty program – keep that in mind next time you need to order race parts!

PS – Vic, I heard we’re going back to R888’s next season :wink: