Buttonwillow Nov 10-11?

I’ll be there with my white E30 in HPDE3. Who else will be there?

Oh, any suggestions for a hotel there?

Mike

I will not be there, but Super 8 motel was decent for $50 a night (and they have SPEED channel)

Speed Channel!? I’m sold! Thanks :wink:

I’ll be there (instructor with the white Evo VIII). Motel6 usually has rooms for $39 a night.

I’ll be there, white 007 car. I can’t miss the free bbq, it was awesome last time.
I stay at super 8, I stayed at motel 6 before and wasn’t pleased.
Last point event of the year, and as a regional director can’t miss a race.
Igor, car ready for next year?

victor BERAJA wrote:

[quote]
Igor, car ready for next year?[/quote]
It’s getting there :slight_smile: Last month at BW renewed my vigor to find more time to get it done.

Igor

Well, my E30 (in HPDE 3) didn’t make it past three laps during the first session on Saturday. My throttle cable broke at the firewall and I didn’t have a spare. The car ran well up until then although I think I’m hitting the bumpstops on hard left turns.

I did see Victor’s and Walter’s Spec E30 cars. They look nice, guys!

I brought out my daily driver Civic Si and ran that on Sunday. The street tires helped with all the rain!

See you guys next year!

Are you going to be racing with us?
I saw a lot of E30 running all weekend, no wonder it’s becoming very difficult to find one. A friend of mine is looking for a car to race with me, but he’s got no luck.

Michael Colangelo wrote:

[quote]Well, my E30 (in HPDE 3) didn’t make it past three laps during the first session on Saturday.

See you guys next year![/quote]

Michael,

I didn’t even think that you were one of the numerous E30’s that showed up at Buttonwillow last weekend.

My son and I spent Saturday crawling over, under, around and through as many of the CR cars as possible, also asked a lot of questions of a bunch of people, Walter and Kevin included.

Good luck on finishing the car.

See you in a few months,
Chris

Victor and Chris, I wish I could have met you guys. Yes, there were a lot of E30s there, especially in the HPDE groups.

On Sunday I ran my 2006 Civic Si in HPDE 3. I did see Walter’s Spec E30 car as well as his E36 M3. Nice!

If I do get my comp license next year, I’ll probably race it in the NASA GTS2 class. So, I’ll be racing with you but not against you. My car has a LOT of mods which include E30 M3 suspension, brakes, steering, and diff. Plus, it has some engine mods and wider tires. So, it doesn’t qualify for Spec E30, unfortunately.

See you guys on the track soon. And remember to add a spare throttle cable to your spare parts box, LOL!

victor BERAJA wrote:

[quote]Are you going to be racing with us?
I saw a lot of E30 running all weekend, no wonder it’s becoming very difficult to find one. A friend of mine is looking for a car to race with me, but he’s got no luck.[/quote]

Victor, this guy just emailed a bunch of us fresh off the press. I don’t know anything more about it than is what is in this email but thought your friend could look if interested.

Contact Doug Makishima

Hello all,

Finally decided to sell it after all. Have a look.

http://www.competitionautowerks.com/gallery/E30-BMW-325

It is a 1989 BMW 325i race/track car. Price is $9.5K. Has newly rebuilt
upper-end on the motor (bottom end was also rebuilt a year ago or so).
Includes a spare pro-rebuilt head. Very few track days on it, and one race.
It’s been tech’ed for SCCA racing in the ITS class. Very clean car and lot’s
of fun.

-Doug