Buttonwillow Wrap Up

A great weekend of racing. Having only ten laps in the SE30 prior to this weekend, I had plenty of room to improve and I did, shaving more than four seconds off of my time from qualifying on Saturday to time trial on Sunday. It’s amazing what a different animal the SE30 is than the other cars I’ve tracked.

But I wasn’t the only one who stepped up his game; literally everyone in the field on Sunday broke the old track record of 2:21:05 held by Strom. John Matthew/Team Midnight Oil absolutely shattered it, turning a 2:17.968. Most importantly, everyone seemed to have a great time at the track, there were no incidents involving SE30’s and no one had any mechanical issues. All that was true despite the 944’s oiling the track and causing all of the carnage during Saturday’s race.

All in all, a great weekend! Thanks to everyone who came out.

Here was my view of Saturdays race. I will upload Sundays race soon. Had a great time. Thanks for your help Seth, Chris, Matt, and Frank. I was a bit lost for my first race. I am really looking forward to next season!
http://www.vimeo.com/16680071

I want to see Sunday’s video!

Hahaha I bet!

OK, I really need to finish this car now.