Car build on hold, Just for a few weeks hopefully

It is sad to say that I have had to put the car build on on hold for a few weeks.

I work for a credit card bank and the rumor mill has been turning out that on Jan 16th we could see up to 25% of our company let go. Since I am new to the company I would probably be in the first round. Contractors are already starting to get the axe.

My Plan was to put in a bolt in cage from Kirk, Kill switch, Seat, harness and fire suppression and go get my SCCA license at 2 of the spring events. Then run with you guys or go for more driving schools depending on how confident I feel. Depending on timing, was planning on ripping out the bolt in cage and getting a proper cage during a gap in the season or next winter.

I already have the spec suspension installed. Motor tuned up and all normal wear and tear items replaced

Damn Dan, that sucks. Hope you end up one of the lucky ones and keep your job or at least find a replacement quick. We need you to get out there racing.

Sorry to hear that Dan. I just tried to do my part to jump start the economy and used my CC to buy a couple of more parts for my car. Let’s hope for the best. It would really be fun to see a 4 or 5 car SpecE30 field in the NE this year.
Bob

Hope you get saved Dan. NE builds must continue… still hope to see you at a few DEs this year. I think 4-5 spece30s is very doable in the NE in the next year.

So the rumor mill date for layoffs has been pushed back a week or so. I have been thought this enough times before. I am not waiting. My money will boost the economy right.

The build is on. New drive shaft just came in. roll cage date is set. I am picking out seats now.

The first scca school is March 21st, So that is my deadline. I might have to take some days off to complete it. The -6 degree wind chill is not helping tho.

Awesome…Let me know if you need any help getting it finished up.

secu wrote:

+1

good to see some NE guys willing to help out, our car is just about finished, but the devil is in the details! looking forward to meeting everyone.