CAR PICS AFTER MY WALL ENCOUNTER

Here is how the car lokked after my encounter with a tyre (yeah, right) barrier. They have a solid concrete pylon wrapped with tyres. I asked NASA to review the placing of these barriers so close to turn 18 at Cali Speedway just before you enter the main straight.

I hope to get the car back by the end of this week, with a new paint scheme.:wink:

that looks like it was a solid hit. Just glad no one was hurt except the car.

Ouchā€¦glad you were alright. I am ready to pull the trigger to sign up for Buttonwillow if you will be there:P ā€¦Let me know. What configuration does NASA typically run?

I was alright, and it was a solid hit, I watched the video a few times and the noise is awful when I hit that ā€œtyreā€ barrier.
They finished with the quarter panel today, and should finish with the paint this week, that should give me enough time to make to BW.
NASA runs configuration #13, either CW or CCW. This time it would be CW which I donā€™t like.
I will see you there then. Anybody else?

Victor - glad to read you are fixing this and getting back in gear. So what color scheme are you going to paint it as?

Carl.

Carl_C wrote:

[quote]So what color scheme are you going to paint it as?

Carl.[/quote]

You are going to have to show up at buttonwillow to find outā€¦:stuck_out_tongue:

grydemon wrote:

[quote]Carl_C wrote:

Carl.[/quote]

You are going to have to show up at buttonwillow to find outā€¦:P[/quote]

Thatā€™s correct. I canā€™t (dontā€™t want to) post pics before BW, itā€™s like showing pics of the bride before the ceremony.
Letā€™s just say itā€™s not crazy, but more "racy"
I got pics of the process:

I should pick up the car Saturday after work, canā€™t wait to see it in person.:woohoo:

BETO wrote:

[quote]grydemon wrote:

[quote]Carl_C wrote:

Carl.[/quote]

You are going to have to show up at buttonwillow to find outā€¦:P[/quote]

Thatā€™s correct. I canā€™t (dontā€™t want to) post pics before BW, itā€™s like showing pics of the bride before the ceremony.
Letā€™s just say itā€™s not crazy, but more ā€œracyā€

I should pick up the car Saturday after work, canā€™t wait to see it in person.:woohoo:[/quote]

Were you able to pick it up? I will see you at Buttonwilowā€¦

Yes, and it looks great! I got the new numbers as well. Fortunately there was only body damage, no suspension, not even the wheel got bent.
This is before I picked it up

Iā€™ll see you at BW!!

BETO wrote:

[quote]Yes, and it looks great! I got the new numbers as well. Fortunately there was only body damage, no suspension, not even the wheel got bent.

Iā€™ll see you at BW!![/quote]

I went ahead and signed up, so I will see you down thereā€¦:stuck_out_tongue: . I tried and tried to get some other Norcal peeps to come down, but I think they are scaredā€¦:dry: :ohmy: :stuck_out_tongue: :S :silly:

grydemon wrote:

[quote]BETO wrote:

[quote]Yes, and it looks great! I got the new numbers as well. Fortunately there was only body damage, no suspension, not even the wheel got bent.

I went ahead and signed up, so I will see you down thereā€¦:stuck_out_tongue: . I tried and tried to get some other Norcal peeps to come down, but I think they are scaredā€¦:dry: :ohmy: :stuck_out_tongue: :S :silly:[/quote]

Scared huh? Make sure you bring a crew with you to Buttonwillow to help you fit your helmet over your BALLOONING headā€¦Might need some WD-40 too!

I would go but I donā€™t have the funds. Besides I figured Iā€™d stay home so you can have a chance at a first place trophy.:wink:

grydemon wrote:

[quote]
I went ahead and signed up, so I will see you down thereā€¦:stuck_out_tongue: . I tried and tried to get some other Norcal peeps to come down, but I think they are scaredā€¦:dry: :ohmy: :stuck_out_tongue: :S :silly:[/quote]

:laugh:

kevron wrote:

[quote]grydemon wrote:

[quote]BETO wrote:

Scared huh? Make sure you bring a crew with you to Buttonwillow to help you fit your helmet over your BALLOONING headā€¦Might need some WD-40 too!

I would go but I donā€™t have the funds. Besides I figured Iā€™d stay home so you can have a chance at a first place trophy.;)[/quote]
Hey someone should call elliot while theres still room on the podiumā€¦lol
Hey brenden you keep sticking track miles on that carā€¦it seems to be working for you.

Hey guysā€¦been a while since Iā€™ve checked this forum!

Victor - I heard about your incident at Cal Speedway, but between my sessions & ā€œinstructingā€ my friend who was driving my car in HPDE 3 (actually, you could probably substitute ā€œriding along with in hopes of preserving my racecarā€ for ā€œinstructingā€ ) I didnā€™t have a chance to stop over. Glad to hear you are ok, and glad it was only bodywork instead of anything structural. Hope all goes well at Buttonwillow, Iā€™m in the middle of trying to find more power in my new car after watching others drive away on the straights at Cal Speedway so I wonā€™t be able to make it.

Iā€™ll post some pictures in another thread of what became of my spec e30. :frowning:

Steve ā€œFirst West Coast Spec E30 Driverā€ Dais :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey Steve, I saw your woman, but didnā€™t know where you were, and since my day was cut short and left very quick.
Yeah, only the rear quarter panel and window were damaged, suspension and wheel didnā€™t bend, thanx God.
We are three Spec E30 drivers now, wanna join us?

BETO wrote:

[quote]Hey Steve, I saw your woman, but didnā€™t know where you were, and since my day was cut short and left very quick.
Yeah, only the rear quarter panel and window were damaged, suspension and wheel didnā€™t bend, thanx God.
We are three Spec E30 drivers now, wanna join us?[/quote]

Iā€™m sure my checkbood would look much better had I built a new spec car. Glad to see the series starting to pick up out here. I may make it to Willow for the NASA race in May to shake down the racecar before the BMW Club race at the same track the following weekend. Maybe Iā€™ll see you there. Or, if Iā€™m still waiting on parts for the racecar the family sedan could make an appearance at Buttonwillow next week too. Hmmmmā€¦

Dā€™oh - just checked, all hpde groups are closed for this weekend. Guess I get to same some $$.

Steve, Come race with the fun peopleā€¦:stuck_out_tongue: . Build another spec e30ā€¦We have at least 10 cars in N.CA and then there are some cool people like me that like to come down south every once in a whileā€¦You know you would have more fun in a spec e30, than that thing with power and good shocksā€¦:silly: