Coming To Sonoma To Check Out The e30 Class

Hey everyone,

I live in Petaluma and have been racing for about 10 years now. Started out road racing karts on the large tracks and after three years (and a duffy!) got out of karts and into a circle track asphalt modified. I took last year off racing the modified having been in it for about 7 years or so. Looking to get back into road racing and sell the modified, I’ve just realized I’m a road racer at heart. Really tired of the circle track crowd and consistently being taken out because of stupid moves by others or, “you’re not from these parts”. Anyways, I’ll be there on the 14th or 15th (probably 14th) to check the class out and see what it’s all about. Looking forward to talking to some of you.

Brad

Hi Brad,
Welcome to Spec e30…No doubt you will find the group to be amongst the friendliest & most competitive in the paddock. Spec e30 goes beyond just the racing, there is a certain culture that has been developed & that is why you will witness first hand such a find group of individuals.You will find that most everyone is willing to share tips, information, food & drink…Doesn’t matter if you run up front or near the back. Come by the Kontrolle Engineering camp & introduce yourself, I am the guy driving the convertible, it’s hard to miss.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I’ll swing on by and introduce myself. Really interested in knowing more about the class and what it’s going to take to get involved. Happy to hear the culture is more inline with what I’m looking for.

[quote=“Steve Ferrario” post=80362]Hi Brad,
Welcome to Spec e30…No doubt you will find the group to be amongst the friendliest & most competitive in the paddock. Spec e30 goes beyond just the racing, there is a certain culture that has been developed & that is why you will witness first hand such a find group of individuals.You will find that most everyone is willing to share tips, information, food & drink…Doesn’t matter if you run up front or near the back. Come by the Kontrolle Engineering camp & introduce yourself, I am the guy driving the convertible, it’s hard to miss.[/quote]

Convertible = Mid life crisis! beware… All the rest of us guys are normal!

Fair enough. I’ll keep that in mind B)

Hey everyone,

What time should I get there on Saturday? Want enough time to walk around and talk to some people about the class and to see you race.

[quote=“Hibs06” post=80401]Hey everyone,

What time should I get there on Saturday? Want enough time to walk around and talk to some people about the class and to see you race.[/quote]

See, http://nasanorcal.com/events/2015/march/schedule.pdf

Hey Brad,

Welcome to NorCal SpecE30! Like Steve said, we have a great group of guys racing in our class. Half of the fun racing NASA NorCal is spending time with the friends I’ve made in racing…the other half is racing against these same guys.

Our racing is super competitive…yet by the same token we work hard as a group to keep on-track activity sane. The goal is for everyone have max fun and be able to trailer their undamaged cars home at the end of the weekend.

Drop by and say hi…I drive the big lime green #44 with black strips…it’s hard to miss.

Cheers,
Scott

Can’t tell you how refreshing it is to hear this Scott. One of the main reasons I want to get out of circle track racing is I find the camaraderie to be the exact opposite of what you just stated. I’ll swing by and say hello. Looking forward to meeting all of you.