Comp school NJMP April

Anyone else going? In the belief that misery loves company, I’m thinking we SE30 guys could work together to get our cars through tech, refueled, etc. I have to do this solo so any help would be great. I’ll offer what I can in tools, bungee cords and sarcastic humor.

There is an outside chance this is the school I try to attend this spring. I’ll keep you posted…

I think you should really find some help with the school. When i went through school, i had the car owner with me for help. Would not have been able to do it without him. Its classroom then right back to the track. Then you do it all over again like 5 times!

Peter Thibault

Hence the post…

Being that the school is on a Friday, it’s not easy to get anyone to take a day off just to stand around the paddock and do menial tasks.

you might have better luck posting on the nasaforums and try to hook up with other guys doing the comp school. cant imagine there are too many spec e30’s doing the school that day

Definitely not attending the April event. Most likely attending the Comp school at the end of May though…

I wound up getting assistance from the other half of out (future) two car team. He took the extra day off work to help out.
:slight_smile:

I volunteered when you said you would help me fix my ABS. Light is still on.

I told you how to fix it. Your inability to follow instructions is the bigger problem. I’ll see if I have any more sensors and bring them.

Any comments or write-up on your experiences at the Comp school? I plan on being at NJMP for the May 28th school.

Check back or just send me an email and I’ll “school” you on it. :wink: Biggest thing I can say is it wasn’t near the day of panic I predicted. The school is fairly simple, logical, very useful and not hard to pass if you keep your eyes up and just pay attention to what you’re doing. It is physically very draining and I (and pretty much all of our class) agreed to move the ‘mock’ race up and not do the last scheduled session. You know it’s exhausting when new racers don’t want to go on the track!