Decals

I was noticing at RA last weekend that a lot of cars need work on their decals

Recall the last couple years we started inspecting decals a couple months before East Coast Champs. Well, I punked you this year and and didn’t get started early enough. We have Mid-S’s event at Barber in late July, and we have SE’s NCCAR event in early Sept. But if you wait until NCCAR, you will be low on time to order custom decals.

Cliffnotes
Car side #'s need to be at least 10" tall and have at least a 1.5" “stroke”. I saw some cars that had 8" tall #'s, one of them being John Clark. Also, make sure the color of your #'s contrasts strongly with the color of the car.

Front/Rear #'s must be at least 5" tall.

SE30 on front-right and rear-left windshields. 3" tall. Front decal mirror readable. Personally, I think that this is a dumb rule but my efforts to change it have gotten a lot of push-back from other directors.

Driver’s name in 3" letters front-right of windsheild and both passenger windows.

NASA and Toyo decals.

Not everyone sees racing the way we do. At Nats, you getting “protested” by another driver over decals could totally happen. Pls make sure your decals are right.

This should be on both sides as well as the front, yeah?

7.4.2. The driver or drivers’ last names shall be placed in block print letters approximately three inches tall
on each rear quarter panel window or rear door window and on the lower passenger side front
windshield.

[quote=“juliancates” post=82828][quote=“Ranger” post=82824]

Driver’s name in 3" letters front and passenger-rear.

[/quote]

This should be on both sides as well as the front, yeah?

7.4.2. The driver or drivers’ last names shall be placed in block print letters approximately three inches tall
on each rear quarter panel window or rear door window and on the lower passenger side front
windshield.[/quote]
Good catch, thanks. I fixed it above.