Drag dr41

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?pc=53881&wd=15&rw=7

I’ve been thinking about these. they are 10mm offset. Hubs are 67.1 so they come with centering rings. Anyone have a good reason not to get them. I have never dealt with centering rings before. Will 10mm be legal? They are 14 lbs so not the lightest, but my spacers for the other car weight a pound anyway.

I’m really about to buy some wheels this time. The government finally paid me for my move from NC to WI.:slight_smile:

why those when you can get wheels in the correct offset/hubcentric for the same price or less?

I thought 15mm was the correct offset which I would have to preorder from phil’s and then wait for them to get enough orders. I plan on calling them again next week.

25 is the correct offset and 57.1 is the correct centerbore for an e30. phils has the d-force wheels for $99/each. Tough to beat that IMO.

Phil is getting close to ordering the et15s, he called me about them this week.
I don’t think I can fit et10 on the rear of our car without it rubbing.

And the D-force are only 13 pounds.

Are the D-Force 25mm offset wheel and tire deal on Phil’s website a desirable choice? Are these “in stock” or do i have to order them? I would like to get them at the Oct 7 VIR event.

[quote=“jlucas” post=59560]Phil is getting close to ordering the et15s, he called me about them this week.
I don’t think I can fit et10 on the rear of our car without it rubbing.[/quote]

I didn’t notice that anyone else replied, and I forgot to call Phil’s

These are 13.2 lbs and only 380 for the set with free shipping. If anyone thinks 10mm offset will be to wide please warn me tonight. My fenders are rolled to fit 225 45 17s I just want to know if they fit the track width rule.

Isn’t 13.5lb the min. allowed wheel weight?

it’s 13lbs min weight.

I sit corrected.

I have a set of kazera kz-m I bought for my 01 miata that we’ve been using for hpde on my brother’s wives mini but they need spacers to not rub on an e30 and I just installed the short tc studs so I don’t think they are long enough for spacers.

I just ordered them.

Sorry to be late to the party here, but my biggest concern with the Drags is that they are a style wheel and not a race-specific wheel. I question the longevity of them. I have a set of Drags for my Fiero GT street car. They’re BBS LM replicas. I don’t have any issues for the street car except that the paint is noticeably thin in some areas, like the sides of the spokes.

If you already have spacers, I’d rather run the D-Force. Phil’s has the 25mm offsets in stock. That extra pound of mass is centrally located, which does not nearly have the effect of what it would if it were in the rim, as far as rotational inertia goes. The other thing is, by not running spacers, you can’t do any tuning with different spacers. That may or may not be a problem for you, but I’m just mentioning it.

As for track width, you’ll PROBABLY be fine, but we definitely noticed that not all cars have the same width. You’ll need to measure for yourself.

Let us know how these wheels hold up.

How are they made? Gravity cast…:frowning: That is not even OEM standard.

Cast wheels on my car are better than forged wheels that haven’t shipped yet. I need something for April. Assuming my house sells by the time d-force makes them I might still take a set. An 8 month wait for anything generally isn’t acceptable to me. I’ve dealt with spacers before and I don’t want to again.

The dr41 wheels haven’t broken yet. Track width was under 66in with the 10mm offset. I’ll buy another set eventually.

FWIW I’ve run 17" Drags for a couple of years in DE4 on a pig iron heavy E46 M3. The motor failed before the wheels did. Agreed wheels don’t see nearly the abuse in DE that they do in real wheel to wheel. So to speak. The Drags on the E30 have passed their first racing season with no ill effect.