Featured Spec E30 race May 28th @ LRP ?

Question for all Spec E30 racers.

How many, if any, would be interested (by interested I mean attend), in a Spec E30 race on Memorial Day, May 28th, at LRP? This is an UNMUFFLED DAY at Lime Rock. These are few and far between.

This would be a contingency race, paying down to 5th place ($1000 PTS bucks so far), possibly deeper and more contingency if the field is big enough. We would need at least 20 cars registered at minimum.

Spec E30 would have their own race group. Practice and qualifying might be with another group but the race would be the showcase of the event.

The event is sanctioned by Independent Motorsport Group, IMG. http://imgracing.com/

We are gauging interest at this point. It’s between Spec E30 or Spec Miata. E30 was my first choice.

Phil

one thing you’ll be up against is that there is traditionally a bmwcca event at mid ohio memorial day weekend followed by a chin hpde, quite a few people attend at least one if not both.

I’d be interested in it. What is the proposed entrance fee?

What might make it tough though, is NASA NE is at NJMP that weekend. That’s a lot of travelling and entrance fees for people if they want to do both.

Entry Fee would be about $350.

Phil, I am in…provided Sean doesn’t tear up my sh!t on Sat/Sun. :silly:

I know there are events that same weekend, but IMG was hoping to make this a “special” event each year. They would hope to attract drivers from the East Coast as well as the Great Lakes.

This sounds enticing. If we could swing a weekend at NJMP that would make for a long weekend of racing. Any other SE guys interested?

Phil, I’d be interested. Looks like a good time schedule-wise for the Mid-Atlantic bunch.

Hello everyone.

Charlie Greenhaus from the Independent Motorsports Group here:

Just wanted to give you all some details on the potential race day at Lime Rock.

If we meet a minimum # of cars there will be 3 sessions that are ALL for e30s. Practice/qualification 20 minutes. Quali Race 15 minutes. Feature Race 25 minutes. If you get critical mass to have this event we can structure the time any way you like.

A potential sponsor approached me offering $1000 in contingency money, and if we get 25 cars Entropy Racing will throw in another $500 in contingency and at 30 cars IMG will add another $500 on top of that.

I know there are a couple of conflicts, but for this to work at all, I will need a minimum of 15 pre-reg, no refund entries to set aside a special race JUST for one type of car.

This could be a great opportunity to promote e30 to racers in the northeast because we will see racers that don’t normally come to lime rock, and DE drivers who may not get much exposure to your class.

We have the added bonus of the skid pad all day for those who want to get some sideways time.

keep passing it around and feel free to ask questions or offer input.

Hope we can build it up because I think that and event like this is a great opportunity to promote E30 and IMG as great racing groups.

Last thought is that if folks would prefer to make this a non prize money event we could just lower the entry fee for EVERYONE. Condingency stickers Tee shirts, Temp Memberships, are all included in the price of the entry either way. NASA, SCCA, BMWCCA licenses are all recognized with proof of Medical.

Cheers
Charlie Greenhaus
Independent Motorsports Group
Info@IMGracing.com
www.imgracing.com
570-682-9666

I’m in

Cool - if you’re the only paid entry, you’ll win everything…:slight_smile:

It’s too early for me to commit, but I’m definitely interested.

We would be interested as well. a big e30 field at LRP would be fun!

Gonna run the NASA-NE DE at LRP on March 31st in preparation for this event. :woohoo:

Last year, NASA didn’t race at LRP, and it still doesn’t have any LRP races on the 2012 schedule. So I’d really like to see this 5/28 event happen. I’m still going to race at Thunderbolt on 5/26 and/or 5/27.