First post in the Socal forum, introductions

Well, I’ll introduce myself then.
Victor from Vegas. Drive 91 325i, white with blue (for now, work in progress), 007 car.
My first race was at Willows on 5/5/07, and was able to finish the race with no issues, and got my first trophy since I was the only one running that day.

Hope to see you at the next event!

Hey, we have a SoCal section!

My name is Mike and I’m hoping to be racing next year. I’m still doing the HPDE thing. I’m currently in HPDE3 and will probably do a comp school later this year.

I can relate to you being the only SpecE30 racer there.

This past Sunday I was at the Willow Springs kart track and got first place in my class (TaG Heavy) since I was the only one in my class who showed up. Like Woody Allen once said, "80% of success in life is just showing up." :laugh:

I’m still looking for an E30 coupe. There’s a nice 325IS for sale in Santa Monica that I plan on checking out soon.

Since I will be running SpecE30 in December/Jan 08(hopefully), if I am the only one…I can still run? Also…what event was it? Which events should I look for on the NASA schedule that a SpecE30 car could run in?

Yes, you could be the only one in the class and race. Whenever NASA has an event they have race classes, and you can register for the race. You’ll see a list with all the classes racing.
Well, you should have your car ready before November, the last race is 11/11/07 at BW. The next season usually starts in February with a no-points event, and the season opener is in March at Cali Speedway. So either have your car ready in October, or you’ll have to wait until February or March.
Glad to see more drivers coming to the class.

Victor,
How are the HPDE spece30 hopefulls looking in your area? Have you considered Socal Series Director or Nevada series Director honors yet? You have been there for a while and together we can build on California as one and maybe collectivly meet for events. just a thought.

Count me in for the 2008 season! I’m building a Spec E30 (90 325is) right now. I’m coming back after a few years break from racing (marriage, kids, divorce, lack of money, life, excuses…) I used to be pretty fast and can still smoke my 20 year old son in a go-kart so I hope we’ll have some good competition next year :slight_smile:

motormuncher wrote:

[quote]Victor,
How are the HPDE spece30 hopefulls looking in your area? Have you considered Socal Series Director or Nevada series Director honors yet? You have been there for a while and together we can build on California as one and maybe collectivly meet for events. just a thought.[/quote]
Well, I did consider the possibilty of having some sort of "chair" possition, but I didn’t know that was my call.
I used to be the Site Acquisition Chairman for the SCCA in Las Vegas.
I don’t know, what’s involved as far as paperwork and reports and such?
I’ve been thinking of having a Las Vegas GP for the entire NASA family, or just the racers at the Spring Mountain track since it’s been modified.

send an email to Carter or Mike if you’d like to be a region’s series director.
cheers,
bruce

BETO wrote:

[quote]motormuncher wrote:

[quote]Victor,
How are the HPDE spece30 hopefulls looking in your area? Have you considered Socal Series Director or Nevada series Director honors yet? You have been there for a while and together we can build on California as one and maybe collectivly meet for events. just a thought.[/quote]
Well, I did consider the possibilty of having some sort of "chair" possition, but I didn’t know that was my call.
I used to be the Site Acquisition Chairman for the SCCA in Las Vegas.
I don’t know, what’s involved as far as paperwork and reports and such?
I’ve been thinking of having a Las Vegas GP for the entire NASA family, or just the racers at the Spring Mountain track since it’s been modified.[/quote]

Anyone who wants to be a Spec E30 Regional Series Director should email me directly.

We will discuss the duties and responsibilites, and the high pay (JK).

So far, we have a good group of Regional Series Directors and we do want to add more as Spec E30 drivers start racing in more NASA Regions.

Carter
carterhunt@aol.com

I’m actually very interested in the "chick magnet" factor of being the Regional Series Director, wow long title, and the sponsors I’ll get and all the boring parties I have to attend.:wink:
Email sent.

welcome to the group…
I hope to meet up with you soon.
Are you planning on going to the nationals?

Thank you.
Nationals plans for next year. I need more, a lot more, seat time, and finalize the car to the full extent of the regulations.