Fuel starvation on RH turns, never had before

I started getting fuel starvation on hard long right hard turns. Filling the tank seems to help but can barely make 30 minutes with a full tank. Earlier last year I could run the tank to empty on eduros—my gas gauge still works and I would only get right hand starvation when the red light to add fuel came on. So it’s a big change in a short period of time.

Drained the tank and see nothing in the gas, looks real clear. The filter at the bottom of the in tank pump which I haven’t looked at in 5 years looks just fine with only slight discoloration. My assumption is it would be much worse if I had a lot of tank crud. Pulled the cross tube, no gunk no nothing. Poked around in the cup that Scott McKay was talking about, found the hole and appeared clear. Also back flushed the cup until fuel came out of the cross tube hole.

Thoughts? I am thinking it is a fuel pump but why only right handers?

What year is the car, a 2 pump 1987 or a one pump 88+?

Its a two pump 87.

I may have it figured out. My in-tank fuel pump appears to be dead. There is power to it but doesn’t run which would account for the sudden onset but still doesn’t make sense with fuel starvation on only hard right hand turns? I was thinking I had gunk or something that was lodging and dislodging causing the issue. I know we inherently have a potential problem with fuel on right hand turns but if the in tank pump is dead, why was I only experiencing it on hard right hand turns. I would think it would be at all times.

I have ordered a replacement pump and we will see.

It makes perfect sense. On right hand turns, the gas sloshes over to the driver’s side where there is no pump and no pump feed. When your low pressure pump dies, what you are now doing is making the high pressure pump pull through the dead low pressure feeder pump, which it doesn’t like to do. I’m also betting that there is a small break in the pipe coming off the low pressure feed pump, so look at that when you have it out.