FYI...25mm offset + 20mm spacers = Too Wide!

Just want to share so if anyone else out there is running a 25mm offset wheel with a 20mm spacer in the front of their car…got DQed this weekend for being too wide in the front. It was a bummer but the tech guys were cool. They even let me roll the car and try again. Missed it by a hair, but rules are rules I guess. Hope I can save anyone else from my fate.

Did they measure on the ground or use the slots at approximately 2" up on the Longacre plates? IIRC, the rules specify the Longacre plates but doesn’t specify the method. It would make sense to use them as designed, but I guess it’s up to the tech inspector.

Sorry about your luck!

They used longacer plates in the normal top hole. I am assuming they did it right. The tech guys in norcal are generally very thorough.

So you are saying that 15x7 +10 offset wheels would be legal, but 15x7 +5 are not.

Exactly…my total offset was +5 (25mm wheel - 20 spacer). +10 should be good. I was over by less then 1/32", But they said that since the rules already incorperates the leway of 1/4", they cannot give me any more. I agreed, rules are rules and over is over.

I got dinged at the 2009 Nationals for that same setup. Luckily that was after a warmup session so it didn’t effect my results. Since then I have not run any spacers with the 25mm offset rota’s. The only down side is, when you have new brake pads, the Calipers sill rub on the wheels.

Yep, found out this weekend 25mm offset Rota’s, no spacers, rub with new brake pads.