Good BMW Reference Site

Hi all,

I’m new to the BMW game and have lots of ?'s. Making a Spec E30 car from a 325e is a fair challenge when you don’t quit know what is interchangeable with what.

I found this site http://bmwfans.info/. I’ve only spent time in the BMW Parts Catalogue section. If it’s accurate, it’s very informative and fairly easy to navigate through.

I haven’t looked at the rest of it. All I care about is Part Numbers and what will fit what. B)

Just thought I’d pass it on.

KB

www.realoem.com has a similar feature with part illustrations and part numbers. It also has prices in U.S. dollars, for what that is worth.

One nice feature on the realoem site is that you can plug in the last 7 digits of your car’s VIN and it will automatically pull up the correct info on your particular car.

Both sites are great.

Has anyone found parts for the price quoted on realoem? I think they must have been the prices when our cars were built.

example: Clutch master cylinder tube connector #21521151697. List on Real OEM for 84 cents, I couldn’t find it for less than $11.00. maybe I am looking in the wrong places. Pelican has it for $11, Dealer wanted $15, local Car Quest $13

realoem.com prices are not up-to-date

a similar site with valid prices is www.bimmer.com
click on Enter Parts Catalog, then enter the last 7 of your VIN to reveal the more modern cars parts catalog (they are only authorized to display the vintage cars, but they sell any parts)

cheers,
bruce

Randy87is wrote:

[quote]www.realoem.com has a similar feature with part illustrations and part numbers. It also has prices in U.S. dollars, for what that is worth.

One nice feature on the realoem site is that you can plug in the last 7 digits of your car’s VIN and it will automatically pull up the correct info on your particular car.[/quote]