Halloween Bash NJMP

Who’s coming out to play? Only two of us signed up so far.

I’ll be there. I’ll leave the S14 in the garage…

My car is back together but this race conflicts with the rest of the family priorities for that same weekend so I wont be there.

I’ll be there.

I’ll be there too.

I think the DriveGear guys and the Axis guys are both planning on being there too.

Jason, we’ll bring candy and have some trick or treating in the SE30 paddock, the family won’t even notice :laugh:

Wow this came up quick. Feels like just yesterday i was Sean’s beer bitch for the weekend.

Im signed up for the long weekend. Will be there trying new things out friday. And hopefully not getting yelled at. Looks like we may get some rain. Matt despite the ALMS season being over, still will not make it due to work. See you all there.

Peter Thibault

where’s everyone staying and who will be there Thur night? I’m at the Country Inn and plan to arrive around 7pm to drop off the car/trailer.

I am on the fence about racing on Sat. Car is on the trailer and running well with a good shake down over the weekend. I could also be home on Sunday for the kids.

The one race group is a real turn off though. How can MA do three race groups if I remember correctly and NE has one. Are the racer counts really that different between the regions? I also have two friends on the fence and the one race group is not helping them to come out also. I don’t get it unless they are more about DE vs racing.

Jason, don’t let the potential for one run group scare you off. I think 2008 (limerock) was the first time we had two run groups, all previous races were one group. In my experience, contact/problems are much more likely to occur with cars of similar lap times but different characteristics, than with cars that are running way faster than us. Even with 30" wide hoosiers and aero, their corner speeds aren’t much faster than ours (sometimes slower :woohoo: ) so they will only catch you on the straights and they’ll be by with no fuss. Also, they tend to spread out from each other pretty quick, so it’ll be one car at a time. Just watch your mirrors and take note of who is coming and it really isn’t bad to deal with.

Unfortunately, it all comes down to money. MA definitely has more racers than the NE does and the tracks tend to be cheaper. I think DE is still the main supply of income for the NE, so they want to keep those people happy and not take away their track time. In order to maintain the DE track time and have two race groups, NE needs to rent more time from the track, pay the corner workers extra, EV crews extra, etc. Since the tracks tend to be so damn expensive up here, it takes a good about of drivers to make that feasible. Add in a holiday weekend and it becomes tough. That said, people tend to register last second, so hopefully it will end up with two run groups.

We’re staying at the Country Inn as well and will be arriving sometime between 3 and 5 on Friday afternoon.
Will be looking to paddock near the Drivegear guys if there is room.

Bob

Makes sense Sean.

Went to register tonight and it was closed. Missed it by a few hours I guess so I wont be out there this weekend. Bummer.

mahoneyj wrote:

[quote]Makes sense Sean.

Went to register tonight and it was closed. Missed it by a few hours I guess so I wont be out there this weekend. Bummer.[/quote]

you can register at the track, no problem.

andrew240z wrote:

[quote]mahoneyj wrote:

[quote]Makes sense Sean.

Went to register tonight and it was closed. Missed it by a few hours I guess so I wont be out there this weekend. Bummer.[/quote]

you can register at the track, no problem.[/quote]

But you are not guaranteed to race if you are on the wait list. It will be announced at the drives meeting. Cant see dragging all my stuff down there, getting the annual tech and possibly not getting on track. Too much other stuff to do before the winter to take a chance on killing a day towing things around for no reason.

So what happened at the race?

Well we all got alive i guess. Saturday qualifying was out of control, lots of very fast cars and lots of fast cars driving slow. A weak showing for the Spec e30 group, only 4 cars showed up. Myself/Styles, Ott, Curran, and McIntyre.

Saturday I broke a rim in qualifying, but ended up with a prior fast lap to take P1 to start the race. Race was cut short due to a very bad wreck down the front straight. I took the win, then Curran, McIntyre, Ott.

Sunday Justin Styles drove the Axis 343 car to second place, Curran took the win and Ott took third. Sorry to report that McIntyre had major engine failure during qualifying.

On a good note, was able to dyno three Spec E30s in a row on a dynojet. 150hp, 151hp, and 158.5hp

Saturday video: http://www.vimeo.com/16490708

Peter Thibault