How many Spec E30 guys are there in SoCal?

Great!

Keep us up-to-date on any new Spec E30 drivers in SoCal.

Carter Hunt
Spec E30 National Series Director
Raleigh, NC

One more year to go! (3 Terms). Then I’ll be building(and racing) my SpecE30 as fast as possible!

We will be joining you guys on SoCal for some races, and another buddie here in San luis Obispo as well. We are running with Nor Cal and will continue to, but we will also look to join you at the tracks down here. #55 and # 93 will be showing up at a location near you soon. Our cars are complete and ready for asphalt.

Kevin
road runner racing

OK So Cal guys, I hear some of you are building cars so get ready for Oct 10-11. The Nor Cal guys are coming down and Your close relatives the SLO guys will be there, looking to meet So Cal spec E30 mates to run with in the future. This will be your chance to see what spec E30 is like with more than 1 car in the field.

Nor Cal even has some guys that have cars close to completion you could buy! AJ you should bring your trailer and cars to Buttonwillow to sell.

Come out and play!

can’t believe im still updating my status in this thread! 1 term to go, then graduation, then SpecE30 time!!! I’ll start building in may, woooooo. I heard we have 8+ cars in SoCal now?

Great to see that you are still interested Spiff. Unfortunatly all the other people in this thread seem to have lost interest. There were three of us at the last Buttonwillow event, all in HPDE 3. My car is ready to race, I just need more experience and go to comp school. I believe that Chris is ready to race. Steffen is about the same stage I am in, just a little more to do to his car. That is all that I have seen at the last few SoCal events. Would be great to have another! Where are you located at? Let me know if you need any help with your car.

I’m in Pasadena, but when I move back home I’ll just be about 30 minutes north in Newbury Park. I’ve got tons of HPDE’s under my belt, so getting the comp license shouldn’t take too much time. And once I get the car, it shouldn’t take me too long to get it ready. I’ve been waiting for this moment for almost 5 years now, so other than the cage-building time, it shouldn’t take that long at all to get it ready to go !

Dan

FINALLY!

This thursday- picking up a 88 325iS for 2300. It will be a fantastic candidate for SE30. It has just about every maintenance item done plus all the annoying things (valve adjustment, CSB, timing belt, and more…)

So excited.

Will be applying SE30 gear to it slowly, but I’m hoping this will turn out well!

I can’t believe after being on the forums, for what? i think maybe almost 4 years? JEEZ.

Dan!

Great news - glad to see you coming into the group. We have some momentum now and there are as many of 12 of us planning to start racing between 2011 and 2012… Your timing is perfect…

We even have our own dedicated SpecE30 Shop - the guys at MidnightOil Motorsports - Ian, Seth and the fast guys, Shawn and John are all running Spec E30… They have a great car and are out there trying to help and promote the series as people come in…

This thing is really taking off in LA and San Diego!.

Kieran

Kieren,

That is fantastic news. I know of a few other people that would love to join the sport, just need to get them off their lazy asses. Haha.

I’ve got plenty of DE’s under my belt, hoping I can jump into the licensing program ASAP and get the ball rolling.

I should have the car ready by march (basically waiting on more $ to come in for safety gear), and then it’s on!!

I’ll have pics up soon- woo!

Side note: I was originally going to jump into another 318iS because there is one for such a good deal, but I found the 88… so guess who is getting the 318? MY DAD. Going to be hilarious having 2 Red E30’s in the driveway.

Send me a note - I sent a private message to you - and join us on http://groups.google.com/group/socalspece30

Good luck guys.

Will have to do an arrive and drive someday. Anyone want to race at Road Atlanta?

Regards, Robert Patton

And it has begun!

88 325iS - 209k

• EVERYTHING on the cluster works!
  • No rattles, knocks, or leaks.
  • Solid car

Needs:

• Turn signal relay
  • Light Switch Dimmer (dash/cluster lights are not on, but warning/check lights work)
  • Shifter Bushings
  • Glove Box catch
  • Front Rotors

After I take care of those issues (this month), then it will be onto the SE30 prep.

So pumped. You could tell my dad was too, ha.

My son and I are in Las Vegas and we are in the build stage and will have it done for the 2011 seasson.

Thanks Mike and Patrick Vogel
VOGEL BOYS RACING

Welcome to Spiff and the Vogels! Let us know if we can help with getting your cars ready for the season.

Cheers.