How many Spec E30 guys are there in SoCal?

Hello all. I am thinking of getting a car together. I was thinking of making my Porsche Boxster into a spec Boxster but the spec E30 group looks more economical. I am just concerned with how many Spec E30 guys there is in SoCal. I live in Riverside and would like to check out some cars if there is any in the area.

I am looking at building a car too. I am not sure how many are in Socal at this time but I have the same concern. I will be gone most of the summer so September looks like about the earliest I could start building a car. 78kona, What is your time line?

There is one active spec e30 in Socal right now, and about 11 active cars in Norcal. I typically run the Norcal events, but wouldn’t be apposed to comming down south to run with you guys. I am sure there are a few more guys from up here that would like to also. Once you get a couple of cars, the class can grow like crazy, when you look that there were only two active cars in Norcal last year and there are 11 cars now…I would suggest comming out to an event in Socal and see what its all about. I may be able to make it down to Willow Springs later this month, if you two want to come out…

I’m one, and I know of two other cars being finished in socal, maybe next month.
I hope to get my car fixed for Willow, but it looks like a long shot, we’ll see, wish me luck.
Stop by and introduce your self if you are coming to Willow, you’ll see my car (see other thread with pics)
hope to start playing with you soon.

I too am looking into building a spece30 car in SoCal (San Diego area) - Been looking for a good donor car for nearly a month now. Finally have a good lead (I hope!)

-Kolbe

Mine is getting closer!!! Got all the suspension on. WAITING FOR MY EXHAUST as I am sure quite a few of us are. It is getting the cage done as we speak. So once that is done, I am gonna do a shakedown. Then, New Seat, Harness, Fire System, Motor/trans/diff/subframe/RTAB, and it should be READY to rock.

You guys think you can finish by June/July?
Let us know about your progress.

Mine SHOULD be done by june/july. I am going to try to get signed off into group 4 on the second day of the WSIR event this month. IF not, then the HPDE one day event at buttonwillow next month so that I can attend the Driving concepts school in june. If that doesnt happen, I will attend the one in October. Either way, I want to be running with you guys, (even if its in the back of the pack) by oct/nov.
Victor, give me a call sometime. 310-463-9067 Erick

I’ll see you in the back, that’s where I usually run.

There’s no way I’ll be done by June/July… Heck I’m still working on buying the car! Someone from here has offered his partially preped car at a very good price, so waiting to hear back about that one. Depending on its condition, I’d guess at least a couple months before I can get it on the track - Will be out of town 1 week in May yet, 1 in June, and 3 between July and August so time will be limited over the early part of the summer.

-Kolbe

So the cage should be done in about a week. Got the sunroof out and I am cutting the sandwiched inside panel out so i have a nice light outer skin to tab in next week. Just picked up my new seat. DAMN they are $$$ I went with the Cobra Evolution. It is sicko, and having the head restraints on the seat I don’t need a pass. side net right?? That is how i interpreted the rule? So hopefully in the next couple weeks this thing will be ready for a shake down run. Still need a harness, driving suit, My damn helmet is on backorder, but should be here before next weekend for the WSIR event. You going Victor?

esphoto wrote:

No, my car won’t be ready on time.:angry: :frowning:
They might finish Thursday, but then I need to get the car ready, and I don’t think I’ll have the tiem, but I’ll try.

Hi guys, I’ll be there in HPDE 3 and most likely I’ll be driving an RX-7 or maybe a Ford Lightning :side: . I just sold my E30. Don’t worry, it wasn’t a Spec E30.

Anyway, I have some E30 gear that I’m selling and I can bring it to the track if anyone here is interested. Here’s what I have: Motive Power Bleeder for BMW (and some other European makes) ($30), power steering rack plugs (for capping it off) ($10), and VAC Motorsports floor mount adapters (like new, installed briefly but never used to mount a seat - these are slick!) ($160), set of 4 E30 basketweave wheels (14") with Kumho street tires (includes centercaps, good condition and plenty of rubber) ($150). Or make me an offer!

Let me know if anyone here is interested and I’ll bring it to the track with me. Thanks, Mike.

Thanks for the parts Mike. Nice meeting you. See you @ Buttonwillow?

Mike, you still have the Vac floor adapter?

esphoto wrote:

Hey Eric!

Yes, it was nice meeting you, too.

I’ll be there on Sunday June 7 and also June 21 & 22 for the Driving Concepts Racing School. I’ll be driving a Miata.

BETO wrote:

Hi Victor. I’m sorry, I sold the VAC floor adapters.

Plan on adding another SpecE30 to the list for SoCal in about 2 years when I finish getting my BFA. I’ve been dying to SpecE30 for about 3 years now, and hopefully(not hopefully, I WILL) I’ll get a job that will allow me to run SpecE30 AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!

Whenever I see videos of SE30 on YouTube, I freak out because of how stunning it looks.

I’m in SoCal looking to start a build/buy a car. :slight_smile:

Posted an introduction in the “Preparing to Participate” forum.

Well, there may be a couple more up and coming…Steffen is building a car (I’m trying to get him on the forum) and I have a 325es that I am probably going to modify into a SpecE30…but even though I live in SoCal I usually run in Norcal which is my home region…but I will be at BW in October however I’m still in G3 at the moment…