Hyperfest-Another Grace-Pounding $1,000 Opportuny?

No one has cashed in yet this year, but with all the folks traveling for this event, this is just a friendly reminder that the Pound Robert Grace Bounty is still out there waiting and nothing could make us happier than to pay out over $1k to a group of drivers that make it happen. With all the visiting drivers, this should be the weekend, and at Robert’s local track in front of his friends, family, and probably his pet poodle and kitty Speckles - how embarrassing! For those that missed it, the details are as follows:

For the foreseeable 2013 race season*, every driver that is eligible for the full BimmerWorld contingency program that beats Robert on the Saturday contingency race will get a $50 BimmerWorld Gift Card. 10 racers beat Robert - great, we pay 10 people. As long as I don’t have to send a contingency payout to Robert, I am happy.

Details (there are always are a few to keep it fair):

[ul]
[li]*If Robert starts throwing races so his buddies get rich $50 at a time, or if costs are way higher than we anticipate, we reserve the right to cancel the program at any time, with notice before the next affected race. We also reserve the right to up the ante along the way.[/li]
[li]While a $50 Gift Card is quite the treasure trove, this huge incentive can’t make the racing unsafe. Contact resulting in a spin/off/position change doesn’t cut it. I will be the sole judge of the situation. [/li]
[li]I am looking for real Robert Grace poundings on track. If Robert is a DNS or DNF, that isn’t a level of domination we are paying for. [/li]
[li]This Bounty is for all the drivers/car owners in the SE30 field - not ringers or guns for hire. If you’re a frequent renter, you’re in. If you race in a pro series, you’re out.[/li]
[li]To be eligible for the full BimmerWorld contingency program, you must have both BW and PFC decals placed as directed in the details of that program. NO EXCEPTIONS. [/li]
[li]Claims for this Bounty will be made the same way as for our standard contingency program.[/li]
[/ul]

Good luck to everyone at Hyperfest, and don’t feel too bad for Robert - Speckles will lick away his tears with her rough little kitty-cat tongue.

James

I’ll give it a shot :wink:

What’s with the weak field? Only eight SE30s signed up so far. Come on guys!!!

If it wasn’t for being the same weekend as Road Atlanta I’d be up there.

Looks like I’ll be up there in July for VIR.

Still only 8 people signed up? Where is everyone?

Peter Thibault

[quote=“PThibault” post=72696]Still only 8 people signed up? Where is everyone?

Peter Thibault[/quote]

weaksauce, right?!

I know the list hasn’t been updated because some people that signed up within the last week aren’t listed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ApnFIz7a5cThdEtjSVNKSzJ6WlhBd1BKQ3JXMFU2bEE&output=html

definetely not updated. bet we see close to 15

drive-gear.com

<-Yeah, like this guy. Blue Shoes Maduske

No shortage of action at Hyperfest. Strong field with multiple regions represented.

I felt like I had a strong quail session on Saturday but it was only good enough for P4. The outside line got a good start (lots of bump help from behind) and by the time we got to T1 I was along side Rob Gagliardo, the pole sitter. Fell in line P2 behind Harper coming out of T2. I was able to stay close and get a tow down the front straight on the next lap passing him into T1. Gagliardo followed me through and we ran one-two the remainder of the race, Harper finishing P3.

Took pole in Sunday quail but gave it away at the start of the race – the combination of the outside line getting a great start, me having a less than great start, and then getting bogged down in T1 resulted in me being P6 coming out of T2. I worked up to P4 before the red flag came out for Rob’s accident. Scary incident at the most high risk area of the track, a real bummer but very fortunate he is okay – the last SE30 crash we had in T4 required the jaws of life!

At the restart we had heavy multi-class traffic to deal with, I was able to work up to P2 behind Wyatt in the DriveGear car. As we came through T4 the lead car attempted to pass a lap car on the outside, might have been caught out by the marbles off line because he ended up in the grass headed for T5 – less than ideal. I knew he wouldn’t be able to stop/turn for T5 so I waited to turn in – best decision I’ve made in a long time. See video from 11:20 mark. The race was stopped the very next lap due to a hard crash by a GTS2 car in T4, he was okay but the track required significant clean up and our race time was up. End result, Grace, Martin, Harper.

http://youtu.be/JLH4UUHE15s

I heard a rumor that someone rolled their car. What’s the story?

I was rushing to get my video up and missed a few thank yous. A big thanks to James Clay and the Bimmerworld guys for sponsoring the series this year…I believe Martin and Herrinton were 6th and 11th on Saturday so be sure to claim your BW winnings. A big thanks to Ken at KNS Brakes, a newer supplier to our series - give him a buzz for your next set of Hawks. Chris from Bimmerparts was at the track hanging out with us this weekend, great guys, knows these cars in and out and can literally get any part you need - even those parts you think are NLA!

Ranger - yes that is a true story. I don’t know the details, and it isn’t my story to tell - so I won’t. But contact before turn in to T4 sent one car off and into the tire wall. Driver is fine, car is damaged but not destroyed.

Thanks to All Aspects Motorsports and Injector Pulse for helping make racing happen :slight_smile: Special thanks to Chris Perera for crewing and providing datalogging and analysis.

Saturday Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHRlUhAd1AQ&feature=youtu.be

Sunday Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB6kTbV2df4&feature=youtu.be