Joining the Ranks

After months and months of threatening to build a Spec E30 but being too backlogged to actually do anything about it, we finally got our build under way a few weeks ago.
The chassis is together.
The wiring has been laid out.
The cage fabrication is about half way complete.
The rebuilt cylinder head is complete.
The bottom end rebuild has begun (after a week long delay waiting for proper set of replacement piston rings).

Assuming we don’t hit too many snags, the car should be ready for testing at WSIR on the 23rd and ready to compete at Cal Speedway.
:woohoo:

Hopefully, we’ll see you out there.

Welcome, I think the number of socal spec e30’s is beginning to snowball

Thanks for the welcome.

We’d like to do our part in supporting and growing Spec E30 in Southern California. If anyone needs anything, just give a shout.

Cheers.

Awesome - and welcome to the mailing list :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Was a good weekend, Thanks t Midnight Oil we had representation in SoCal, great job guys!

We also saw Mitch out there in his Red E30 - he is also planning for a run at the SpecE30 class too :slight_smile: - glad to see you out there Mitch!

My Fabricator and friend ran his first track event, and I think we hooked him good :slight_smile:

I hope to apply for my license soon - and then I can give the Midnight Oil guys a run for their money.

Kieran

Congrats Midnight Oil Motors!!!
Sorry I couldnt make it up to watch. :frowning:
My car should be back in your shop next week for AKG poly bushing treatment. :slight_smile:

Thanks - see you then.

Cheers.