Looking for used Race Rubber

I am looking for at least a single used R888

I live in the San Gabriel Valley near Irwindale Speedway. If you have one (or more) R888, I am looking to replace one that I damaged last time out. If you want to sell 2 or more, let me know also. Value is commensurate with age and condition.

email me at kgobey
at
Charter
dot net

I usually buy used race tires for $25 per, but I will adjust according to the condition and age of the tires

I have some, but $25 won’t do it. Where do you get them so cheap? I got used race tyres from 75 and up before.

I have always bought them for $20 (10 years or more). Last year it was hard to get them for less than $25…

Race tires are usually cooked by the time I get them and (especially shaved ones) are only at about 25% life.

$75 is not something I’d consider fair when 75% of the life of the tire has been used up :slight_smile: . No offense meant :slight_smile:

Used tires from SpecMiata racers is a great place to start, those cars are so very good on tires that they are nearly always worn evenly.

But if the tires are in great condition with 75% left - then of course I will adjust my offer accordingly.

Try this:

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=17943&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

8 - 205/50R15 Toyo R888 $25 ea.

Old thread start date but updated recently.

Bingo!

Also called Walter Ford… He might have something later this week.

Non taken.
75% of the life left is relative, if you use them from full thread to the cords that would be 100% for you, a shaved tyre will never have 75% life left for you then since from 6/32 to 3/32 almost half the life of that is gone. A full race car only uses shaved tyres for two to four cycles the most, so for them that tyre is dead after the fourth cycle. For me, tyres with more than eight cycles are trash.
The best set I have were not shaved, used them for the three day nationals event warmup and qualy only, and since bimmerworld has a posted price of $50 the lowest that’s what I’m asking for mine. And since the R888 are banned now (nice business for Toyo) we are forced to go back to the RA1’s.