Looking to buy a prepped car

I think what Mitch is trying to say is that there are cars to be had if you want one and there are plenty of guys here that are VERY willing to help you in your build or purchase. I am not sure if you have reached out to any of the people we have mentioned, but I encourage you to. The So Cal E30 group is outstanding and you will see just how much fun they are if you get involved.

Just to show you how much I believe what I am saying, I bought a 944 spec car and was ready to go racing, but I rented an E30 from Midnight Oil and ran with this group 1 time…that was all it took. I am now selling my 944 spec car and my personal Spec E30 car should be done by the next race. True story!

The class is growing daily and will be even bigger next year. Come on out to the next race at Buttonwillow on Oct. 8th & 9th…you’ll see what I mean. There is a sprint and an enduro race that Sat., then a sprint race Sunday, too. Also, if you contact Midnight Oil, you can rent one of their car’s for the HPDE and try that one out before you buy/build one. It was the best money I ever spent. Also, if you like the car, they may even sell it to you. Now you can’t get much better than that!

The point is to get out there and 1) see if you like the group you will be racing with, 2) see if you like the car you will be racing and 3) put some faces with the names here and understand what we are all talking about.

Hope to see you out there.

Thank you Fooshe. Exactly what I was trying to say. What I lack in diplomacy I make up for in you. Mitch

I have reached out to people and found people difficult to get in touch with, as I’ve previously stated.

I also started building up a car, which explains a good portion of the absence, but decided to make it a road car instead (it’s getting painted now).

If a prepped car comes along, I might jump on it if the price was righht because it would make my life easier. That’s all I was implying here. No idea why all the fuss. Let it go.

Sorry to hear you could not get a hold of people. I have found I can reach Seth at Midnight Oil with no problem at all and would be more than happy to assist if you choose to reach out for help. Nevertheless, good for you on the car being in paint. Glad to see you are moving forward with your project.

Just so you know why, we all are very passionate about the series and love running with each other. There is some GREAT racing going on in this class. I think that what you are calling fuss, we see as excitement because more drivers in the class means more fun for everyone. Of course, the bigger the class, the more drivers want to come be a part of it.

We ALWAYS welcome new drivers into class and often will help people out to make the grid, so encouragement is second nature to us. In fact, I can think of one race where a driver gave up his car to help a buddy stay in the points chase. That’s just how this group rolls…more or less, friends that happen to race together rather than racers who become friends.

Whatever you choose to do, we wish you luck. And if you end up going the route of a race car, let us know if you need any help.