Looking to buy a prepped car

Hi all, I’m new to racing and have been considering the Spec E30 class. I’m hoping to find someone who is getting out of racing so I could buy a “starter kit” rather than go through the trouble of building up a whole car. If anyone has any leads, send 'em my way!

Look forward to racing with y’all!

-Sean

You will never do better than the car advertised just under this post by Coloradomark. Building one of these can’t be done for under 15K. His car is advertised at .50 cents on the dollar.

Hi Sean,
Give me a call, I have a few options for you and I only live a few hrs. from So. Cal

Steve Ferrario
805-215-3350

Still looking…

Ian Middleton & Seth Scally at Midnight Oil Motorsports they are fully geared up for the SoCal area and is offering high levels of Support to get SoCal SpecE30 off the ground.
midnightoilmotors at att dot net

9040 Carroll Way,
Suite 3,
San Diego, CA 92121
Phone: 858.271.9944

Hi Sean,
You should call Walter or you can call me. I have my other car that I have been renting for sale. I blew the engine at Thunderhill & Walter will be putting in a new engine in the next few weeks. This is a very competitive car that Loren Trefethon had been racing part of this season.

Logbook & race ready.

Steve Ferrario
805-215-3350

Sean,
You might also call Tim Barber…I think he would be willing to sell his National Championship winning car for $20k.
You don’t have to pay extra for the strippers on each side of the #69…They’re included.

How much are you willing to pay? I’m not getting out of racing, nor was thinking of selling my race car, but if the money is good why not.

Well, I’m looking to pay what it’s worth :wink: I have an E30 that I’ve been cleaning up and street driving but since I’m new at this I figure it’d be better to buy a done car as a package and go from there. Seems all the cars for sale are on the east coast.

What’s up man! It’s Spiff325iS from R3V.

You’re just a few miles from me, I’m over in Woodland Hills.

Once you get an E30 we can convoy to SE30 events, woot!

So stoked to see more people jumping on board!

Hey brother! I’m still waffling as to buying a prepped car or building the one I have. Mine seems like a perfect candidate–it’s mechanically sound, but cosmetically awful. But there’s so much more value in buying a completed rig, plus I won’t be making all the n00b mistakes that are sure to happen if I do it myself. Watching your thread closely…let me know what your budget turns out to be.

I think it all comes down to the cage and the time you have. Since I will be starting with a 4pt and doing the work myself, I can keep the cost waaaaay down. As I said in my thread; what’s remaining mow is driver and vehicle safety, which will run ME about another 2k. Putting me at 6 including the purchase of the car.

Keep in mind that you will still need personal safety gear(helmet, pants shirt suit socks gloves socks shoes HANS) which will most likely not be included in the pre-built car price.

Almost half my budget vies to safety gear. Having said that, I don’t think it’ll be too heavy on your pockets doing your own car. You mAy be just like me and not really have space or time to work on your car(hence my epic parts day) so just plan around that and you cAn make it happen.

Do it.

I would talk with the guys at Midnight Oil. I think you will be VERY happy with the outcome of just one conversation with Seth. They can hook you up from start to finish. In fact, I think they have a great donor car they can get started on for you.

I have a spec e30 for sale in norcal, I will also do a partial trade for your street e30. Email me at mikeski38@hotmail.com so I can send photos.

Still looking…

Have you called and spoke with Seth at Midnight Oil?

You are right about buying a car already done…it is the way to go. And I can’t tell you too many times how good he is with these cars. You can even rent one of their cars before you buy one to see what their build quality is.

Tell him “skinny” sent you. Once he stops chuckling, enjoy the conversation.

The Vogel Boys racing team could built your car.
I can send you some pics of our car.
email me sincityvogel@gmail.com

Patrick Vogel

Sean, You’ve been looking for a long time and there are a lot of cars currently for sale in the Spece30 classifieds, and a lot have been bought and sold since you started your search. What is getting in your way? How much are you willing to spend?

Mitch

Every car currently in the classifieds is on the east coast. Nearly every car that’s been listed has been on the east coast. I’ve only seen two on the west coast; one was very cheaply done and expensive, the other the seller stopped responding after a while. This may surprise you but this project hasn’t been a priority either. This forum gets practically no traffic anyways, so I doubt anyone is seeing this. I’m not going to run out and buy a car I can’t readily view, and I don’t have the time to fly to Virginia just to look at a car.

Didn’t mean to insult you dude!! I was just curious because you could have built two cars in the time its taken to buy one. And, building a car isn’t that tough, or expensive, once you get to know a few of the people in this “no traffic” forum. We have welders, fabricators, mechanics, deal finders, tons of free advice and help, and everything else you need to make it happen if your serious. I even have a donor car at a reasonable all ready for you to get to work on. Mitch