May NJMP Event....Who is in?

I signed up for the entire weekend (Friday, Sat., Sunday). Does someone know somthing that I don’t? Hopfully I didn’t screw up my registration. I ckecked my receipt and they charged me for the time.

If there is a screw up let me know.

Rick M

rmariani wrote:

[quote]I signed up for the entire weekend (Friday, Sat., Sunday). Does someone know somthing that I don’t? Hopfully I didn’t screw up my registration. I ckecked my receipt and they charged me for the time.

If there is a screw up let me know.

Rick M[/quote]

Rick, Friday is just an open track day for advanced drivers, no racing. There was going to be a 2 hour enduro in the afternoon, but that got cancelled. If you don’t want to do Friday, just give them a call and they’ll give you a refund.

OK, so we are at 11 drivers now! Everyone listed in the previous post has committed. Anyone else procrastinating?? Josh, Jason, Matt, where you guys at?

Josh is on a temporary hold, I got a few hours in on my car but then taken away by a 4 yr olds birthday and the hard drive crash of the family computer. I will keep at it and hopefully get out there later this season. I may drive down on Sat. if the weather is nice to check out the scene and see if my boys can get into it enough to make race weekends a family thing vs a Dad only activity :wink:

Looks like a great turn out.

I’ll be working on last minute race car prep this weekend. Is it safe to assume that Lightning is pretty easy on brakes? I need to decide between brand new Hawks or half-used Hawks for test day and both races.

Does anyone have a Traqmate file they would be willing to share (and compare data over the weekend, if desired)? It is my first time to NJMP and will be struggling to get up to speed. If so, email me at sdevinney (at) goddard (dash) group (dot) com and I will bring your favorite frosty beverage.

Thanks in advance!

Steve D wrote:

[quote]I’ll be working on last minute race car prep this weekend. Is it safe to assume that Lightning is pretty easy on brakes? I need to decide between brand new Hawks or half-used Hawks for test day and both races.

Does anyone have a Traqmate file they would be willing to share (and compare data over the weekend, if desired)? It is my first time to NJMP and will be struggling to get up to speed. If so, email me at sdevinney (at) goddard (dash) group (dot) com and I will bring your favorite frosty beverage.

Thanks in advance![/quote]

We dont have a file but we will be acquring data on Friday during the test day. Are you coming to that? We can have Jonny set a fast lap and see if you and Frans can keep up :stuck_out_tongue:

andrew240z wrote:

I’ll be there for test day. Over the weekend I just hope to stay on the lead lap. I’d love to trade data with you guys. Mine will be the “don’t do this” version.:wink:

PS - Where will all the Spec E30s paddock? I’d like to be close so I don’t have a long walk to deliver my lame excuses.

Steve D wrote:

[quote]PS - Where will all the Spec E30s paddock? I’d like to be close so I don’t have a long walk to deliver my lame excuses.

[/quote]

we dont have a set spec E30 paddock but we can try and make it in the north paddock area, in the area where the left arrow points? The paddock isnt really that big. when you coming in?

andrew240z wrote:

I’ll get there Thursday afternoon - hopefully by 5 o’clock or so. After a quick unloading I have to head over to Avalon, then I will be back early Friday morning.

North Paddock, left arrow. See you there!

Steve, I have some traqmate data from the last event, but I still haven’t had the time to download it. Hopefully I’ll get the chance this weekend, if so, I’ll send it over.

I’ll be getting down there on Thursday also, but probably not until after dark. Going to be helping out for the comp school, so Greg, I hope you’re ready for some harassment :woohoo:

secu wrote:

Great! Thanks, Sean.

I would love to see that traqmate data as well.
E-Mail is: rmariani@smfurniture.com
Thanks in advance.

I will be there Thursday evening as well. If things go well at work I hope to be there around 6PM. If not; who knows!

secu wrote:

[quote]Steve, I have some traqmate data from the last event, but I still haven’t had the time to download it. Hopefully I’ll get the chance this weekend, if so, I’ll send it over.

I’ll be getting down there on Thursday also, but probably not until after dark. Going to be helping out for the comp school, so Greg, I hope you’re ready for some harassment :woohoo:[/quote]

Is Greg me? Yikes! :S

latest entry list from nasaforums.com

Spec E30 Frans Hansen
Spec E30 Peter Thibault
Spec E30 Stephen DeVinney
Spec E30 Sean Curran
Spec E30 Robert Ott
Spec E30 Virgil R.(Rick) Mariani (Only Saturday)
Spec E30 Samuel Jadczak (Only Saturday)
Spec E30 Robert Grace
Spec E30 Greg Sterman
Spec E30 Dwight Varnes
Spec E30 Matthew Russell

11 cars out of 22 in Lightning. Not a bad field! Looking forward to meeting you guys! The car is on the trailer and I am waiting for Wednesday to get here so I can start the long tow!

Sean or anyone…

Is there a paddock plan? I won’t be getting there until 7am Saturday or so. It would be nice if we could all pit together. Is there a way a section could be cordoned off for us? I know Mid-A does this sometimes.

ddavidv wrote:

It’s not official (and it may just be me and Andrew :laugh: ) but look at the paddock map on the previous page of this thread. I haven’t been there, but it looks like you come across the bridge, continue straight into the infield and we will gather on the right side.

I will try to set out some chairs or something to block some space for you.

Were going to try and setup right over the bridge to the right, look for the blue and green drive gear cars and the 50’ black haulmark

Don’t know how I missed that on the last page. I can find you guys no problem. I’d better bring the bike to ride to the rest rooms though! That’s pretty far away.

Pretty sure that part of the paddock is grass. :whistle: