May NJMP Event....Who is in?

May event is only a few weeks away, who is planing on attending? We need some better spec e30 car counts at the NE events!

Peter Thibault

I’m 99% sure I’ll be at the May 28th comp school and hope to be doing the races afterwards.

Frans Hansen will be piloting the #87 Drive-gear.com spec E30, Jon allen should be behind the wheel of the 00, trying to talk Robert Grace into coming up this weekend down at VIR…

I’m about 99% too. I’ll be bringing a heaping helping of Southeast Mediocrity up to y’all. Sorry - youse guys.

Do me a favor if my family comes from the shore to watch the race and let me hit the podium. :wink:

I’m planning to be there as well.

I’ll be there

Not yet committed, but thinking I will probably be there to blockade the group from any attacks from the rear. :laugh:

I’m probably going for the HPDE. Do you guys stay in any particular hotel that you would recommend ?
How do you like the track vs the other track thats there ?
Thanks
Paul

usually stay at country inn. i like t-bolt better esp without the chicane between 2 and 3.

Is there gas available at Lightning?

rsott wrote:

yes there is. bring extra money however.

They don’t give change, so you either need to pump a dollar amount or use a charge card. I think the 92 octane is $4 gallon.

It’s looking like my usual band of groupies won’t be going to this so if anyone is looking for a roomie to cut the cost of your room, I may be interested. Email me mxbreed2 at comcast dot net.

OriginalSterm wrote:

Hey your car looks great. I saw it today when I picked up mine.
Did they install the shut off or did you do it ?
Thanks
Paul Hawkins
Fairport

Thanks!

Did that myself a few weeks ago. Pretty easy install actually.

This is shaping up to be a kick ass weekend! We’ve got the largest class so far and it looks like we should have at least 10 cars.

Entry list so far:

Frans Hansen
Peter Thibault
Stephen DeVinney
Sean Curran
Robert Ott
Virgil R.(Rick) Mariani (Only Saturday)
Samuel Jadczak (Only Saturday)
Robert Grace

Then, not signed up officially but are looking like they’ll be there, we have:

Greg S.
Dwight V.
Jon A.

For the races themselves, we have two choices. Standard griding this year in the NE is to have all the cars gridded by time, no matter what class they’re in, all the classes will be mixed up. Or, we can all go to the back of the pack and start from there as a group. I’m not sure at this point if we would get a separate green flag or if we would have to take the same one as the main group, I’ll find out though. Personally, I would rather see us all grouped together, I think it’s more fun, helps build the class and makes for a better show for the few people that do watch haha, but I’ll leave it up to what the majority wants.

Either way, it’s going to be a good weekend.

I’ll be signing up for the Comp School today, is it safe to assume I can sign up for the races too? Also, I don’t see anything about signing up for the enduro?

Sign up for the races as well. If for some reason you don’t pass - I think they’ll give you credit towards a future event or convert it into HPDEs for that weekend.

secu wrote:

[quote]For the races themselves, we have two choices. Standard griding this year in the NE is to have all the cars gridded by time, no matter what class they’re in, all the classes will be mixed up. Or, we can all go to the back of the pack and start from there as a group. I’m not sure at this point if we would get a separate green flag or if we would have to take the same one as the main group, I’ll find out though. Personally, I would rather see us all grouped together, I think it’s more fun, helps build the class and makes for a better show for the few people that do watch haha, but I’ll leave it up to what the majority wants.

Either way, it’s going to be a good weekend.[/quote]

I vote to be grouped together as well.

Registered for the school and 2 races!

You’d have to do something completely boneheaded to not pass the school. Some of the guys in my class did some really bizarre things (stopping on the front straight?!) and still passed.

I’m trying to get one of my HPDE buddys to go so we can split a room but I may be flying solo. I’d like to see the E30s all together if possible but will take whatever comes.

Edit: it’s confirmed, I’m in. Money is spent. Let’s do this! Since it isn’t an official race for the 944s we may have a crash free race.
:lol: