Mid South Roll Call

Who’s where and doing what? How many SE30s are we going to have racing in the Mid South? Tell us about yourself…

Matt Harness. Located in Huntsville, AL. I’ve been working my way through the DEs for the last several years and am signed up for Comp School in March at Road Atlanta. I share a car with my brother who’s in Atlanta and my dad has another SpecE30 in NorCal.

Once this thing gets up and going I hope to race at Nashville, Memphis and Birmingham as well as Road Atlanta. I’m really looking forward to having 3+ locations within a few hour tow from home vs. ~5 hrs to RA being the closest.

Matt

I plan to be racing next year in the Mid South, Southeast, and Florida next year. Will be doing comp school either late this year or first event next year.

My name is Allen Garner. I live in Birmingham, AL. I race a Spec E30 in the SE region but am looking forward to doing many events with the Mid-South region. I did DE’s for a couple of years and then moved into racing with PBOC. I have done a couple of NASA SE events but the Mid-South will open up more tracks for me to attend. I still instruct with PCA (GA and AL regions) and BMWCCA at Barber’s. My father Wayne will be co-driving some of the enduro’s with me but he is a Mid 60’s rookie. lol The Spec is just one of many BMW’s and other playtoys that we have.

I’m Jim Levie and I’m in for the MidSouth events. I’ll be instructing at the inaugural event at Talladega.

Interesting. I wonder if I could do DE2 or DE1 and request you as an instructor. I will be registering for Dega as long as the car makes it through Road Atlanta next weekend.

I think the current plan is to have me be an on-track instructor in the race school. That may not leave me any time to take a DE student. But there may be an opportunity to go out for a session or two.

That would be great Jim.

First event is this weekend. I know Jim and myself will be there. Anyone else from the site gonna be there?

Here is the schedule Mid South has thus far:

May 21-22 Talladega Gran Prix Raceway - Time Trials
and HPDE 1,2,3,4 with Instructor Clinic & Competition School

July 9-10 Memphis International Raceway - HPDE 1,2,3,4 / TT / Racing

October 1-2 Nashville Super Speedway - HPDE 1,2,3,4 / TT / Racing

November 19-20 Memphis International Raceway - HPDE 1,2,3,4 / TT / Racing

I won’t be there this weekend, but thinking I might go to Memphis in July. Have fun this weekend and good luck!

I will be there as well!

Looks like we will have a thriving Spec E30 population in the new region.

Shawn
Regional Director
NASA Mid South

[quote=“NASA Mid South” post=55898]I will be there as well!

Looks like we will have a thriving Spec E30 population in the new region.

Shawn
Regional Director
NASA Mid South[/quote]

When are you planning to ditch the 'Stang for a proper race car and go racing with us!!!

You never know when a good deal might drop in your lap. Keeping our eyes open.