NASA Great Lakes at Mid Ohio June 29-1 2012

Who is going? I think I’m going to sign up for my second HPDE.

Mid Ohio is where the dream of racing began for me back in 2008 when I went with my dad to the ALMS/IndyCar race weekend so I’m looking forward to finally lapping it. I’ve done hundreds of laps in rFactor so I’m pretty familiar with the track although I imagine that’ll all go out the window the second I pull out of the pits.

I will. Pretty sure Anthony, Cameron, and Michael are locks too. Can’t see the FastTech car not getting a new steering rack in time. There will be plenty of us.

Would like to but I’m poor.

Broken rack came out today (pictures once I get it all the way apart, but it appears to be a broken torsion bar in the pinion shaft).

Planning to be at MidOhio.

I’ll be there.

What’s the camping situation like? I’ve camped there before but it was Indy weekend so they had showers, etc. available. Do you guys usually just book a hotel room?

There will be a bunch of people camping. I might be camping as well. Showers will be open.

So you know, we paddock in the grass between the showers and the skip pad area for the Mid-Ohio school.

Ok, I think I’ll be camping too then to cut costs a bit. Do I need to register or anything to camp?

Also, should I bring anything food wise? I know at Putnam the NASA guys had lunch for the Spec E30 guys each day which was awesome. If I can bring anything to contribute I’d be more than happy to.

I just saw this on the NASA Midwest website for Mid Ohio.

Camping
Campground is closed for NASA events. RV’s will be charged a $20 use fee by Mid-Ohio upon entering the facility. (Anything that looks like a camper or RV will be charged)

There were people camping in tents last time, so I’d call.

The Great Lakes Region of Spec E30 provides lunches to Spec E30 participants, prospects and their crew. NASA Great Lakes provides dinner Saturday night for everyone. Spec E30 typically heads out to dinner Saturday night as a group and skips NASA’s activities but not always.

Tent camping is typically allowed. I have never had to pay to sleep in my trailer or camp when I used to do that. I also never asked if I needed to pay. If you ask they may try and collect. There is actually a camp ground that I think has hook ups that is not used during NASA events. RV’s have to be self contained.

I’ll be there all weekend. Volunteering Friday then driving HPDE Saturday and Sunday. See you guys there!

Ben and Andrew

We have an email group setup via google groups. Shoot me an email if you’re interested in being on it. It’s all the great lakes SE30 guys.

barkerdm 86 at gmail dot com

[quote=“MrDomino” post=66569]Camping
Campground is closed for NASA events. RV’s will be charged a $20 use fee by Mid-Ohio upon entering the facility. (Anything that looks like a camper or RV will be charged)[/quote]

I think they are referring to the campground to the side of the track that would be open on a pro weekend.

won’t be able to make this one, Shannon has a big party planned for my 40th birthday,should be at least 2 people there ;-). Camping is allowed they are talking about the campsite. I’ll be at the August event, see you guys then.

[quote=“barkerdm” post=66589]Ben and Andrew

We have an email group setup via google groups. Shoot me an email if you’re interested in being on it. It’s all the great lakes SE30 guys.

barkerdm 86 at gmail dot com[/quote]

Done.

The 8-Ball will be there with Thornton driving Saturday and Sweeney driving Sunday

[quote=“kmsnsx” post=66688]The 8-Ball will be there with Thornton driving Saturday and Sweeney driving Sunday[/quote] Robert Patton’s 8 ball?

NO. The Rack’em racing’s 8 ball as opposed to their 9 ball that was rolled in '10

Re camping: At the non-NASA events I’ve driven camping was only allowed outside of Gate 2 and there is no fee. Obviously there are other arrangements at pro events so it’s probably worth a phone call. I’ve been told we can use the on-site shower facilities. There is a very nice marina about 4 miles north of the track with a few spaces and hot showers. There is a larger campground w/o showers on site at Mt. Gilead. Unless you walk-in to one of the primitive sites it would be a good idea to preregister.
Re attendance: Regrettably I have to be in Paris that weekend.