NASA MW/GL at Mid Ohio 8/10-12

The next round of fabulous SE30 racing is alittle more than a week away! This is a crossover event. You can expect the competition to be fierce as drivers are using this event to get ready for Nationals a month later. 9 cars are already registered. We are sure to hit double digits by the green flag!

It is my understanding that our run group is filling up fast. 55 cars in the storm group already. If anyone is on the fence they need to sign up now.

Kyle,
I picked up the front bumper and valence from your car at the last event (recovered by the workers). JVH had already left when I found them. Do you want them?

Sure. You coming to Autobahn in Sept or RA in Oct?

Not likely. Let’s discuss off line.

Looking forward to it, and if y’all need me to reserve some space let me know ahead of time. Anyone want to paddock in the upper area not on the grass?

I am taking Friday off and depending on what is happening in this thread will leave on Thursday night or Friday morning. Then, I will be relaxing with some drinks and enjoying my “vacation.” I sure as hell need one at this point.

I would love to have some pavement space, but I’d rather have the whole group together.

I’m taking a half day at work, so I should be at the track by 2pm.

This event is definitely filling quickly. I tried to register for HPDE three weeks ago and all of the slots were filled. I put myself on the waitlist and just got a slot yesterday so I’ll be there for another weekend of HPDE 2.

Hey guys, 2 things:

1. I will have the preferred Hawk brake pads with me. DTC-60 fronts and DTC-70 rears. I’ll make sure you get the best pricing from me.

2. I somehow informally committed myself to renting the house. I can attest to it’s advantages (such as being 2 miles from the track, huge space, great indoor/outdoor hang out area, owners will cook for us!!). I am looking to see if I could get a few people to step up and help me out here. I think cost would be about $50/night/person, which is very reasonable considering how much nicer this is than a hotel. Please text me if you’d be interested. Ideally, I’d like to get 10-12 people. 585-315-7606

Thanks,

That first session of HPDE on a wet track was terrifying. It felt like I was on the track for at least an hour.

Also, I decided to ask for a check ride and everything went well considering at one point the checkered flag station was displaying four flags at once while a car that was on fire and several tow trucks/safety vehicles were on the driving line. I transitioned from HPDE 2 to HPDE 3 and ran my last two sessions in the HPDE 3/4 run group. It was definitely a step up although I just pointed a bunch of people by and then ran about 8 laps in clear air which was nice. In HPDE 1/2 I’d get about 1-2 laps of free air before getting stuck behind someone.

I almost got to pass my first car without a point by until the guy moved over and waved me by at the last second.

Sounds like a good weekend. If you want to see a terrifying wet track check out some of the videos from Road Atlanta two weekends ago.