NASA Race in Las Vegas

Wouldn’t be great if we had a NASA race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

The greatest city in the world with the greatest racing organization.

Who can get this taken care of?

I dont know but it sounds fun! Im just happy that NASA is coming back to Northern Nevada, Reno-Fernley is a great track.

I would be in for this…I think that it would have to go to Ryan to see if he would want to take that on. Or talk with Shawn and have him do your bidding.

In 2004 NASA did an event there but the story I got was that it was extremely expensive to run the roadcourse there and thus, events were done elsewhere.

Now, there is a Nevada Region with Jeff lepper running the show. He is doing events at Reno to start with and in speaking with him, he is working on doing events in Vegas for 2012.

All we can do is wait for an announcement from the top.

What about Spring Mountain in Pahrump,NV just outside of Las Vegas?

+1 on having Shawn explore it. I’d come!

Thats a great club track however they made it clear that there will never be racing there.

That’s correct. Spring Mountain is not so hot on club racing.

[quote=“YourRD” post=59188]In 2004 NASA did an event there but the story I got was that it was extremely expensive to run the roadcourse there and thus, events were done elsewhere.

Now, there is a Nevada Region with Jeff lepper running the show. He is doing events at Reno to start with and in speaking with him, he is working on doing events in Vegas for 2012.

All we can do is wait for an announcement from the top.[/quote]

More than Cal Speedway? That place is a bloody fortune!

Cal Speedway has warmed up to NASA events. They used to require that we rent 3 days and not it seems we can just do the 2 days. We also only did one event there and now we do 2 so it seems to me the relationship has improved with the track which I welcome.

That was back in 2004 when we ran there last so perhaps times have changed with the Vegas Tracks? I know Lepper is looking into it with his new region. I hope so, id love to go play there. I love Pahrumph and we could probably rent the track if we wanted to go to a test and tune/ play day. Ive done alot of events there (away from NASA) and we could look into it if there is enough interest. We would probably need to bring enough friends to pay for the weekend. Likely 30-40 cars or so.

If you guys want to do Vegas let Jeff Lepper know. He will need significant commitment to make it happen as the cost is large and there is currently not a presence there. If you know other racers close to LV get them to speak up and if the interest is large enough Jeff will probably move forward. To get things started though, please support Jeff at the upcoming event at Reno Fernely if at all possible (october I think). He will want everyones feedback on the facilities as well.

Yes we would like a Vegas race and a Spec E30 BBQ at the Vogel Boys home Saturday night. As far as Reno race in Oct we will be saving our car for the Button Willow race in Oct and Nov. We would love to support Jeff at a later date and by that time we should have our second team car #58.