New Paint Job

Not sure if you guys remember my Multicolored car, But now its is all one color.

I painted it yesterday, in my backyard.

Nice Job! So when we gonna see it on the track??

Christian
#62 Northeast Spec E30

Looks great! What technique did you use?

Thanks.

The paint is automotive single stage ACRYLIC ENAMEL. I sprayed it using my HF compressor and HVLP gun. The color is called cool gray metallic.

I am not sure when you will see me on track racing. I might do the Grand Slam (3 tracks at pocono) HPDE event. but that is the limit unless things get a lot better real fast.

looks great dan! when are you going to stop by the house with it? Pete and I live on quakerbridge road

Quakerbridge You say!!

That is about 10mins from here. Ill stop by anytime. I have lots of free time, don’t encourage me or you might end up trying to figure out how to get rid of me.

I now have a matching truck.

Looks great, wtg. What did you to do prevent the wind from blowing stuff on to the wet paint as it was drying?

Ranger wrote:

Thanks Scott.

I used Luck, paint on a hot windless day, but the bugs are the ones that still got in there.

It is a 10 foot paint job. The truck is 15 years old with 300,000 miles(diesel) there are lots of imperfections in the paint, but anything was better than what it was.

I didn’t really want this color on the truck. I started painting it with Duplicolor Paint Shop Silver, But that came out like brushed metal and the paint sprayed horrible. It also takes a ton of paint to get decent coverage. It took half a Quart just to do one coat on the roof of the truck. It looked like I have just chromed my roof, not the look I was going for, so I sanded that off. I will not use Duplicolor Paint Shop again.

The Acrylic enamel Grey/Blue covers very well and after painting the Car, the truck and a bunch of random things to practice on (I also have a matching wheelbarrow, lol) I still have half a gallon of the stuff left.

If anyone wants more photos http://picasaweb.google.com/dpereda/Truck?feat=directlink

Looks good!

I used a similiar acrylic enamel I got from CarQuest. Single stage paint plus reducer plus hardener. Got 1 gallon of paint, gallon of reducer, and a pint of hardener for less than $200. Sanding and a little body filler where needed then painted in the driveway. Piece of cake for a paint newb.

Looks great!! Not to mention, the pride in knowing you did it yourself. :wink: