NJMP April, anyone alive here!!!

First event for the 2011 NorthEast and this forum is very quiet. Would love to thank Bimmerparts.com for last years support in spec e30. Also love to see them around in 2011.

So far only a few signed up to race.

Matt R
Kish G
Justin S
Ray J
Sean C

I will be on the sidelines for this one watching and getting late night flip cup games started. And also supplying our fearless leader Sean with beers. Some overdue from last year, and some for future possible problems.

Peter Thibault

I’ll be there in DE2. Find me for the flip cup though.

We will be there for friday at a minimum. Hoping to stay for the whole weekend. Hopefully our new pit vehicle will be ready by then, good stuff!

andrew z
Drive-gear.com

I’ve signed up for Saturday and Sunday

I doubt I’ll make this one. I have a week out of state for work around that time. You guys will have to find someone else to lap.

Lame excuse.

Working. Japan. I’ll glow when I get back.

But Summit the weekend prior looks good.

If the new engine works. Since I’m the one doing the work, big time doubts there.:unsure:

C.

looks like we might get showers on Sat. Sun looks good though. where’s everyone staying?

In a tent in the paddock. At least it won’t be raining Friday night when I set it up.

Just booked Country Inn. Have a spare bed if anyone wants to share.

ps: anyone got a set of spare rear PFC-01 or 06 pads? I’m running a little low but should be able to manage. Just wanted a spare set in case. A lightly used set would work too.

Don’t need brakes for lightning, just downshift and slide :slight_smile:

Will be staying at Thunderbolt in the rooms above the pits. Going to be there early am on Friday and hopefully will set up base camp right ahead of the bridge. About the same location as last year. See you all there.

Peter Thibault

We’ll be rolling in mid-afternoon.

Kish - I have a spare rear set of Hawk HT-10s if you need them.

tks bob. probably won’t need them but thanks. i’ll be coming in around 6:30pm.

So how was the weekend? Any updates?

Wet and windy.
Saturday was overcast and damp, but the track was relatively dry for practice and qualifying.
Sean Curran showed up mid-morning with his car still missing some parts after spending most of the previous night putting it back together after the new paint job. He elected to sleep rather than qualify.
Qualifying went Me, Justin Styles, Chris Huston, Kish Galappatti, and Ray Jadczak with Sean starting at the back. It was drizzling on and off before the race and the radar showed a very heavy band of storms approaching. Most of us changed to wets.
It started raining pretty good as we were griding. There was a long full course yellow about halfway through and another at the end before the race was finally black flagged. Justin and I had a lot of fun passing each other and Sean just walked past us all to take the win. I was still in second, but just before the last yellow came out I experienced a misfire coming out of the lightbulb and Justin managed to nip past to take second. I finished third, with Chris, Kish, and Ray.
At post race inspection it was discovered that my brake lights had failed during the race and I was eventually Dq’d.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm9WvkGiukI

Sunday was sunny and warm, but still very windy. After a two hour round trip to a Pep Boys on Saturday night to get a new brake peddle switch I was able to fix my brake light issue Sunday morning before qualifying. Qualifying went Pete Thibault, Sean, myself, Craig Huston, Sam Jadczak, and Kish. They allowed us to start as a group at the back of the field and Pete and Sean checked out and had their own private race. Pete eventually got caught out in traffic when Kish was forced off the edge of the track and turned sideways with his nose clipping the rear quarter of Pete’s car and ending both of their races. Finishing positions were Sean, myself, Craig, Sam, Pete, and Kish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvScET5ciDI

was a fun weekend until the contact with pete in T7. sorry about that, was my bad. car is under repair. see you guys at the next one…

Thanks for the update.

Happy to report that car is fixed, needed new fenders, hood and rad support. got it on the frame machine and all is straight. Going to the Glen this weekend to test her out. I’ll see some of you guys at Hyperfest!

Glad to hear it Kish. See you at Hyperfest.

343 is close to complete. Fishing has slowed the process but should be fixed soon. So far its a rr door, rr control arm, and some bodywork. Good luck to everyone going to Hyperfest.

Peter Thibault