November Buttonwillow

I know it’s a little early for the roll call, but we’re already getting geared up. In addition to the #3, we’re taking a stab at getting our GTS4 car out. Anyway, we’d like to have little BBQ for the SoCal Spec E30 crowd (and the guys/gals who run other cars that we support), so it would be great to get a head count. Please post if you plan on coming out…

Also, we’ve reserved garage #7 for the weekend. Feel free to stop on by or park near us… it would be great if we could get the group parked in one area.

Cheers.

BBQ… YUMM :stuck_out_tongue:

For anyone wanting to join in the fun next year, Driving Concepts is conducting their Racing and Competition school at the November event. All you need is some HPDE experience and a car and helmet that you would normally run in an HPDE.

This gives you a giant step in getting your provisional license. Plus it’s a blast just to take the school, lots of rolling starts and track awareness exercises.

We already have at lest one future SpecE30 star signed up for the school :woohoo:

Well, if I can get my tranny ready, I’ll be there at least for the bbq, it’s my bday so we need to celebrate (let me win,hehehehe)

We promise we will let you win. TO grid! Thats the best we can do bro! LOL!!!

BETO wrote:

Is it a time or parts issue? Let us know if there’s anything we can do to help out… the more the merrier.

Car is sooooo close, but I ran through the budget… Everything is there, it’s almost all complete, but the Budget ran empty. So… February?

kgobey wrote:

The 2011 schedule just popped up:

http://socal.drivenasa.com/2010/10/2011-schedule.html

Now it looks like March, that’s almost a half year away, rats :frowning:

Whoa, we might have to switch to a BMW Race as my first since 96.

After literally years of lagging, I finally got around to submitting my NASA Licensing paperwork… looks like I will be splitting the Spec E30 duties with either Shawn or John.

Congrats Ian!

Looks like I might have to work SEMA as part of a new job opportunity and could possibly miss the last BW event in Nov. I think its a great opportunity to get a couple races in under your belt to finish the season!

Here’s who we have so far:

1. Midnight Oil
  2. Donnelly Trading
  3. Allan Hauser
  4. Frank Reed

Allan and Ian (MO) are making their maiden voyages plus we have Frank’s brother Dave doing Comp school with Driving Concepts. Matt Thiemann is doing HPDE3. Kieran is coming up Sunday for a visit and I’m sure after seeing all the fun will be chomping at the bit to be out next season. Not sure if Victor will have the tranny installed in time.

Frank and Matt have also replaced their trans this week, that’s dedication for the last race of the season. Hopefully I’m not next on that list :frowning:

Look forward to seeing everyone Friday.

Cheers,
Chris

That was a fantastic turn out! A lot of fun, even for a spectator!

A bit of news here. It looks like we took the track record this weekend from a 2.21.05 down to a 2.17.968 to set a new bar for the SoCal guys. I will put a few bars of lead under johns seat next time.

Seth

Wow…

What’s cool is everyone was under the previous lap record, Slowest personal fastest lap was 2:19.1 from Frank Reed.

Fast company…

Hey Seth, I need to add you to the SoCal Spec E30 Google Group.