Pocono Grand Slam Weekend

So far its only 2 Spec E30’s signed up. Is anyone else going to attend?

Peter Thibault

I won’t be going. I’m signed up for VIR the weekend after that.

Me either. That track is a big “meh” for me. I save my money for better choices. Which reminds me, I need to look at a calendar…

Good luck down at VIR, would love to be there!

Kish, are you going to bring that e30 out to race one of these days?

Sean, if you have anymore of the white windshield banners, i need one. Had to put a windshield into the car.

Dwight, hows the calender looking?

I thought that there were more e30’s finished over the winter…

Peter Thibault

Sorry guys but i’ll be leaving on vacation that weekend. I’ll be joining the fun in Sep though.

VIR in July is a “maybe”.
SP in August shouldn’t be a problem.
Sept will probably be empty for me.
October…good lawd, too many choices!

I have a decision to make on another big purchase which kind of determines if I buy tires/wheels this year.

Looks like we are going to have a renter for this, Jonny might even resurrect the 00 and go racing again.

I’ll be at Pocono, Glen and NJMP for sure. Who is going to oktoberfast@vir?

Little late to this thread, work keeps trying to get in the way of the important stuff.

The entry list is still only showing me and Pete, do you still have a renter Andrew? Jon gonna run?

Pete, I have banners left, I’ll bring them

I wonder how fast we can get up to if we bump draft on sunday on the single infield course :woohoo:

Dwight, you should go to Lime Rock in August instead of Summit

lime rock is tempting but the half day kinda puts me off to be honest. any issues with sound there in the past?

Lime Rock is waaaay further to drive for me than SP. I’m eager to run at SP in anger since I’ve spent a lot of time on that track but only circling it “by myself”. I can drive LR any day on iRacing anyway, lol.

We had 2 renters lined up for this but neither ended up working out. Not gonna make it. Concentrating on getting ready for VIR.

That sucks about the renters, there’s always next time I guess.

Dwight- race weekends/year at LRP=1…at summit=gotta be around 20 haha

Kish- the half day is actually pretty nice. Only racers and DE4 so you get the same amount of track time and get to sleep in. Never had a problem with noise but they lowered the limit by 5Db so I’m gonna bring a turn down I can clamp on just in case, don’t think I’ll need it though.

Well, was the only Spec E30 in the house for the race. Sean had towing problems, and a few renters back out. So i pretty much just tried to work on few things. Was hard to factor in how or fast i was going till i checked times with Sean at the end of sessions.

The start of sundays race was crazy. Got a great view of a pretty nasty crash.

http://www.vimeo.com/13443847

Peter Thibault

Nice driving! I would have needed a change of shorts after that one.