Pocono May 30-31

First race of the season is finally here, who all is planning on going?

I’ll be there.

Christian

I’ll be there, but I’ll only be doing DE with the M3. I’d like to meet you guys there, since I have alot of questions about my race car build project. I’t seems I have hit a roadblock with the project due to other committments. But, the best thing I can do now is get more seat time and prepare for next year. I hope that I will have my car…and myself ready to go racing in 2010. I did my first autoX this past Sunday and it taught me alot about my car…and my ability, or lack thereof.:frowning: I will be doing more of those type events too. See you this weekend!:woohoo:

I will be there for the HPDE and to get Sean’s autograph on my
GRM. The car was rebuilt last year after the 10/07 off at the Glen. It was not pretty. Amazing what you can do with lots of $.
See you there. I signed up for a real campsite up the road.
Paul Hawkins
Rochester, NY

Gonna be heading up there in a few, see you guys at the track

Well it was quite a weekend. Sean and I will have lots of stories to tell. SE30 had 5 cars both days and lots of fun was had.

mrussell wrote:

So lets hear them…

Axis of Oversteer showed up with a team of 2 E30’s, driven by Matt the Vet and Justin the Rook. Old Hat Sean and Older Rook Christian were joined By Ray Fly Navy to defend the honor of Spec E30 NE.

Ran the short North Course at Pocono, weather was perfect. Sean breaking in a new motor, was on Pole for both days and he and Matt put on a show of how it’s done. Justin had done school on Friday and came out charging. Ray showed the Rookies how to start on Saturday and how to defend while doing it clean. Justin and Christian had two great days of running neck and neck, he failing to show respect for his elders and getting by on the same turn 3 each day.

Spectators and DE E30 drivers said we were the most entertaining of the small bore race, having convinced officials to start us in the front of the second group, no Miatas to weave through.

Come on up to Jersey or Pa. some time! We’ll have a contingent at Hyperfest…

Nice write-up CM… it really was as much fun as you said.

I have to say that while Pocono North doesn’t get much respect, it’s a decent place to race because a) you know the track so you can focus on the racing, and b) it has decent run-off at most corners with that one severe exception.

I’m waiting for Sean to put up videos from our daily battles. I loaned someone my camera mount in late '07 (forgot who) and never recovered it. Perpahs time for a gopro.

Small corrections: I captured pole on Saturday while Sean got the race win. Sunday the result was reversed on each count. Justin did make his first start on Saturday, but actually did Comp School way back in March. So this was a long time coming for him.

-Matt

Christian and Matt summed the weekend up pretty good. Had an awesome battle with Matt on both days. Our Saturday fast laps were .036 secs apart and were almost as close on Sunday too. Unfortunately, I apparently taught him how to defend the lead on Saturday, he then took that knowledge and used it on Sunday to take the win :laugh: On Saturday, I was able to use some traffic to my advantage, but couldn’t make anything to stick on Sunday. Kept waiting for Matt to make a mistake I could capitalize on, but even with his rear bar end link broken, he didn’t create any holes.

Not sure what it is, but I think there is something about the North course that lends itself to real close racing. Always seems to happen.

It was definitely good to get back out to the track and see everyone, end of May is too late of a start to the season. The next crop of racers showed up in force as well, should be adding a good bump to the numbers for next year, can’t wait.

Here’s the footage from Sunday’s race http://vimeo.com/4994420 I’ll hopefully get Saturday’s up soon too, though I Sunday’s is probably more exciting.

Great to hear guys! Sounds like a great time. It really gives me some inspiration while I work on my build. I hope to join you in 2 seasons or so. B)

it was hands down one of the best times i have had in a car (and I have had some good ones…)

I cannot wait to race again, my first one went off without a hitch, Christian and I had some great battles on both days.

I am completely inspired by everything I experienced during the weekend. Thanks to all for tolerating my stupid questions and allowing me to look at the cars so I have an idea what I need to do. I still have tons of questions. It was great to meet everyone and I have committed myself to getting the race car project moving forward. I think I will get the suspension and brakes up to snuff and begin to track it, rather than the M3, which had a little problem of its own. Radiator is shot…need to find a new one and install before next event.

Can anyone reccomend where to purchase the springs, shocks, camber plates, etc?

Bimmerparts.com / email: cmuzyy@aol.com / Phone: 215-348-3121 usually has good prices and they’re a series sponsor so it’s good to support those that support us.

edit: They’re located in eastern PA so shipping shouldn’t be too bad either.

Regards,
Bob

Joe,

I have an e30 radiator in my shed. I think it is out of an 1987 325is. Please let me know if you can use it.

Dan Pereda
dpereda at gmail.com

Bimmerparts is great. Cant beat their prices with the SE30 discount and they give good advice if you have questions. Also the added bonus of supporting a sponsor. Win win.

Looking forward to seeing some of you at Lime Rock. Have not driven Lime Rock since 92. Wont have my car sorted for the NJMP race and the lighting course is great and will make for some great racing. Lots of passing opportunities and its flows nicely.

To date I have only done a few SE30 races with NASA MA at Summit.

Dan, Thanks for the offer, but the M3 radiator design is totally different than the 325.

Bimmerparts is the same as Zygmunt Motors, correct? I didn’t see any spec e30 parts on his website. I’m looking for the springs, shocks etc.

bodeecat wrote:

Email Chris (Cmuzyy@aol.com) with a list of what you want and he’ll respond with a quote. He typically has pretty good prices, even when shipped out here to Cali.