Proxes RA1

So where is the best place to source these tires? And what are you all paying for them?

phils tire service rocks.

kishg wrote:

+1

I got them for free after the June races, but that was a bit of a fluke. :wink: I dunno? About $600 a set shaved?

I get them from either Appalachin or Vilven, depending on my mood. Tires, like women, can be shaved in vastly different ways. Appalachin rounds off the corners more, so they wind up cording out faster. Vilven has more of a square shave. They last longer, but don’t transition in the turns as well. I think I pay 145 each shaved plus something to ship.

kishg wrote:

+2

+… Phils

another happy Phils customer.

Looks like I should go to phils, anything on the west coast?

well, yeah West coast sure, but which end? and if Cali, which end?

As a former Phil’s Tire Service employee and shaver, I can tell you that his shaving is the best in the business. He ships daily and his prices are competitive.

West Coast Socal, just get them at the track. Place an order before going to the race, if you need them for quali or race show up first thing in the morning, you’ll have them in an hour or so at BW and Cali Speedway. Never used Willow springs, but pretty much the same. Price around $600 installed and shaved.
I don’t know for Norcal.

NorCal: AIM Tires