Quick sanity check - WGI

About how much speed are you guys achieving at the end of either straight? I did a DE Monday/Tuesday and am only hitting about 115 mph (indicated) at the end of either straight, no matter what I did I couldn’t go any faster.

I’m wondering if my recently rebuilt engine is a little low on power (still feels faster than when I raced it with 4ish working cylinders), or if I’m just not carrying enough speed through 2 and 11 (very likely).

With a good exit at 11 you should just about hit the rev limiter in 4th at the braking point for turn 1. From data files I’ve seen this should be right at 112-113mph.

You should definitely see a few more mph on the back straight… Most cars are into 5th gear before the track out point onto the straight. Should be close to 120mph by end…

There should be no lift from turn one exit to the bus stop…

Our speedos are optimistic…

Seems about right.

I was there last year for a DE and did a 2:19.4. Turn one I had a max speed of 111 and 120 right before the bus stop.

I think the stock tire is a 55 series. We run a 50 series. That would account for some of the speedo error.

[quote=“PDS” post=66641]With a good exit at 11 you should just about hit the rev limiter in 4th at the braking point for turn 1. From data files I’ve seen this should be right at 112-113mph.

You should definitely see a few more mph on the back straight… Most cars are into 5th gear before the track out point onto the straight. Should be close to 120mph by end…

There should be no lift from turn one exit to the bus stop…

Our speedos are optimistic…[/quote]

So with a slight lift before 2, 115 mph isn’t too far off. Just need to grow a pair I guess…

sounds about right if you lift slightly for 2. really no need to, it’ll stick pretty good there… you an also brake into the bus stop instead of breaking and then turning into it… should pickup some time there.

Just looked at some data from this year. 111 max speed on front straight, 118 on the back.