RA1s on National Back-order

I’ve just heard that Toyo RA1s are now on back-order with no known ETA or production date.

We need to get several sets of tires ordered ASAP and would hate to get something that won’t be allowed.

Is there a contingency plan for dealing with this? It sounds like 888s are available, but I don’t know anything about the quantities.

Matt

Who have you tried? I haven’t had any problem getting RA1s. I think OPM gets them from the big purple truck (aka Appalachian Tire).

Last update I saw on the Miata site…

Excellent!

I have to say I haven’t heard about any supply issues since the initial alerts.

That was from talking to NTB, Kauffman Tire and Butler tire. At least one of them said they called Toyo National and couldn’t find any.

Appalachian is the next call.

Also try TreadZone and/or Phil’s Tire Service. I think Toyo is feeding the 205/50/15s to its motorsports outlets, not the broad-coverage retailers.

No answer at Appalachian, but found some at Frisby Performance Tire.

Sorry for the excitement.

Matt

Performance Tread here in FL has them as well. In fact they have a couple of sets of shaved RA1’s in stock. Well, one set, I just ordered one set. :stuck_out_tongue:

They also have a partial set of three, also shaved.

http://www.performancetread.com/

I ordered a set from Appalachian about 2 weeks ago, at the time they were waiting on a shipment which did come in b/c I received them last week. No idea if their entire allotment was pre-sold or otherwise gone, but worth a call.

Looks like I was incorrect. The supply is an issue. From speaking with Jimmy at Performance Tread, the earthquake has created a supply issue on the Toyo’s. He has roughly 2 sets in stock, shaved. that’s it for at least a while he says. He will be getting more, but the lead times are getting longer.

Time for another tire choice…

The latest news on this seems to be:

http://mazdaracers.com/index.php?showtopic=971

What isn’t in that article, or anywhere else, is what future availability looks like. 700 sets won’t last very long.

Toyo is making every effort to get tires produced and distributed to dealers as quickly as possible.
We have received 4 orders with a couple hundred tires in each order. I have 2 shippments coming this week.
Joe
TreadZone