Rains on 14" wheels

All,
Anyone running full tread RA-1s on 14" basket weaves or the like? If so, what has your experience been? I don’t see the need to run 15’s for rains. Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks!

i have a set of brand new ra1 on weaves in my garage, never been used because it never freaking rains at nasa-se races. so i’ve no idea how they perform.

keep in mind that 14" RA1s are in short supply and actually cost more than 15s.

Good point. I’ll just run 15s then. B)

Rains on 14" wheels are common. That way you don’t have to buy a set of 15" wheels for your rain tires. A couple yrs ago I bought a set of 15" rain tires, this was during our brief R888 adventure. Ever since I’ve regreted that one of my sets of 15" wheels is uselessly tied up in rain tires that I’ve not yet used.

Don’t get me wrong, eventually you will use your rain tires so they’re good to have. But the sad truth is that unless you buy a new set of rain tires each year, when the day comes to use them they’ll be hard as rocks. As mine are.

Up in the NE and MA we get to use our rains quite often. Used them 2-3 times this season.

Only downside to moving back to Chicago will be the first in 11 years I’ll need rains… Right now even my street car runs on “slicks” LOL

Silly LA…

Anytime I bring a car to the track its 95+ and sunny. Since I’m in the midwest now you shouldn’t need to worry.