Road Atlanta in June thread

We just got done with a great weekend at CMP and I see a bunch of folks already signed up for RA, Woohoo!

28.5 as of 2June. Wow!

Matt Crouch
Sandro
Alex Barroso
Rob Eskew
Ryan and Aaron
Kris Gustafson
Walter Araya
Chuck Taylor
Joey Townsend
Brian and Oscar Edmonds
Ty Young
Dave Hickey
Jon Stroup
Arjun
Mark Issa
Chris “I put people in Space” Harkins, Woohoo!
Steve Rowlands
Scott Gress
Steve Lako
Fred
Bob Rutzky
Craig Guthrie

Committed but not signed up yet.
Team Patton/Parkhurst
Scott McKay
David Walsh
Cody
John Clark (Saturday only so 0.5)

What about?
Matt and Michael Harness
Michael Young

John Clark will be there Saturday only.

Wow, I still don’t make the “what about” list. So sad.

Damn! I forgot about Bill. Shit, sorry. Are you in?

When are we going to start seeing Alena doing DE’s, btw?

[quote=“Ranger” post=82781]Damn! I forgot about Bill. Shit, sorry. Are you in?

When are we going to start seeing Alena doing DE’s, btw?[/quote]

I’m out. Taking the kid to camp in Alabama.

DeVinney is supposed to teach Alena how to drive a manual transmission in his Miata, then she will be out on track doing DE’s. :slight_smile:

You might have to apply some manipulation in order to make that happen. In the context of his vague, or perhaps purely imaginary, commitment to teach Alena, accuse Steve of being a “talker” not a “do-er.” That will make him crazy. Next thing you know he’ll show up at your house in a car with a manual tranny and ask to borrow your wife.

I set up that last sentence as a possible springboard for all sorts of jokes. Who wants to give it a try?

[quote=“Ranger” post=82783]You might have to apply some manipulation in order to make that happen. In the context of his vague, or perhaps purely imaginary, commitment to teach Alena, accuse Steve of being a “talker” not a “do-er.” That will make him crazy. Next thing you know he’ll show up at your house in a car with a manual tranny and ask to borrow your wife.

I set up that last sentence as a possible springboard for all sorts of jokes. Who wants to give it a try?[/quote]

Interestingly, over the years DeVinney has brought a number of different types of trannies to my house.

Bottom line. If you want to qualify for the Red Line contingency, call Ron@Discover Parts (888 748-RACE) and ask them to bring you 6qts of oil to RA.

Details. The Red Line Contingency requires $75 worth of receipts in the last 6months. Over the last several months, I’ve coordinated with Discovery Parts (Ron) for him to bring RL oils in our standard viscosities to events, but I didn’t know the the requirement was $75 until Julian Cates figured it out a couple weeks ago. This means that my coord isn’t going to be good enough. The only way that you can be sure that Ron will bring you enough RL oil in your chosen visc is to give him a call and ask him to bring it.

If you ask him to email you a receipt, you’ll have it handily stashed in your email should you win one of the two RL contingencies each weekend.

Otherwise the first person that goes to the Discovery Parts trailer is going to get his $75 worth of oil but the 2nd guy will be SOL.

Note that Ron will happily give you a 10% NASA discount. Getting it at the track obviously saves shipping.

[quote=“M3Bill” post=82784][quote=“Ranger” post=82783]… accuse Steve of being a “talker” not a “do-er.” That will make him crazy. Next thing you know he’ll show up at your house in a car with a manual tranny and ask to borrow your wife.

I set up that last sentence as a possible springboard for all sorts of jokes. Who wants to give it a try?[/quote]

Interestingly, over the years DeVinney has brought a number of different types of trannies to my house.[/quote]

That’s not true. Bill’s parties are always such a sausage-fest, there’s no reason to bring one more.

Truth be told, I am afraid of Alena’s translations. If we return from a driving lesson and Bill hears about “the stick thingie Steve makes me hold in my hand,” there could be trouble since Bill has a doomsday-prepper level of arms in his house.

PS - Next time y’all are talking smack about me, gimme a heads up. I wouldn’t have seen this but IndyJim said he visited SE30.com last night after our reunion dinner with Mr. Daytona, Craig Geeger, and Brendino after visiting RWL to see the E9.

Hi All:
I need a complete air intake box (or just the upper half) including the cone intake piece. Anyone have an extra for sale? If you are coming to Road Atlanta this weekend and can bring one, let me know.

Thanks,
Jon