Road Atlanta thread

I bet this is gonna be a big one, woohoo!

31 signed up as of 3Mar. That’s the biggest turnout we’ve EVER HAD for a generic “nothing special” race weekend. WOW! Dang is this going to be fun.

Lynn Kehoe, our FL newby
Bill Z
Mark Issa
Alex Barroso
TJ Joyce (who?)
Davis Aikens
Jason Griscavage
Paul Bacon
Aaron and Ryan Whitinger
Eric Crawshaw
Walter Araya
Steve Rowlands
Joey Townsend
Brian and Oscar Edmonds
Ty Young
John Clark
Sandro
James Hartridge
David Hickey
David Walsh
Jon Stroup
Paul Patrick
Steve Lako
Fred Switzer (Triumphant Return!)
Michael Kovic (DriveGear renter)
Lance Bergstein (DriveGear renter)
Jason Wistehuff (who?)
Scott Gress
Team Patton

If you’ve not done several race weekends with us, be prepared to introduce yourself at the first driver’s meeting. I know that some of you have done it before. That’s ok, we may need a couple iterations to grow weary of your life story. If you don’t have much of a life story, embellish it a bit. If you can’t fill an honest 60secs telling us about yourself, then dream up some really good embellishments that we’ll likely find entertaining.

In a late breaking change, we’re parking in the skidpad with the Thunder Roadsters. It’s going to be a tight fit.

http://nasa-se.com/i/paddocks/RoadAtlanta.jpg

Tech and Compliance for RA event.

1. DME. If your DME doesn’t have red inspection tape on it, bring the DME to me prior to the start of the Sunday race.

2. Compression. If I’ve never done a compression test on your motor, bring your car to me and pull out #1 plug. Don’t worry about what # you get, we’re just gathering data as to what compression #'s are normal for healthy engines.

3. Front camber. I’ll probably do this in Impound as we come off of the track. We’re trying to understand if there is a large delta in what camber #'s are achievable on different cars. If everyone is able to get >-3deg, for example, then the playing field is reasonably even. But if there are folks that have <3deg, or had to do something iffy to get >3deg, I want to know about it. If you had to do something kinda illegal to get >3deg pls tell me. I promise that no one will ever know from me.

If there are cars that can’t legally get >-3deg front camber, then we might have to do something about that in the rules in order to level the playing field. So if you had to do something iffy to get decent front camber, it’s in your interest to tell me. Personally, I think that this is an issue that the rules need to address. That is to say, we need to find a way such that everyone can get decent front neg camber. But until we have some camber data, I can’t document that there really is a problem.

yea boiiii.

Lynn bought Mark Issa’s Burgundy then Orange car that she is having painted blue.

John Clark is racing with us for sure.

A buddy of ours is joining us in DE1 with the Unicorn his name is Philippe, he’s a business partner of Mark and I, and have the means to race, we just need to welcome him as we always do, so he gets hooked :evil:

I’ll be there, too…I just haven’t gotten around to registering yet. Wanted to make sure the car was fixed after my weird incident on the scales at CMP. Lol!

TJ is a mid atlantic guy, he just moved to se30 and did nats with us last year. Lance is with me, he ran a race with us at NJMP last year and did well. spec miata background.

drive-gear.com

Hey Fellas,

I am in the process of building another damn Spec E30 for my youngest son. :slight_smile: We started with an E Motor car and I need a couple items.

1. I need a 325I engine and injector wire harness
  2. Need a hood.

If anyone has one of both, please shoot me a PM and let me know the damage.

Much appreciated

Ryan

I’ll bring an injector harness. No damage.

Awesome! Thank you Scott!

Also, Avery want’s to do a lime green metalic color. It’s a pretty cool color and will stand out like our others. Rumor has it that green cars are bad JUJU. I have witnessed some of this myself. What’s everyone’s thoughts on lime green?? :slight_smile:

It’s good to have unique colors. We have way too many white and black cars. Can’t even tell them apart.

Since I am on a roll today, if anyone has any stock springs from their E30 that you want to get rid of, my dad makes these crazy sculptures out of them. If you have any laying around, throw them in your truck and bring them to RA and I will give them to Pops.

[URL=http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/65_Daytona_Coupe/media/E92m3/D419F5DE-2E37-4C93-A547-789C5AE348AF_zps0ftcpl41.jpg.html][/URL]

This event will be the first one with the new Red Line Contingency. Sunday race only. $100 for first, $75 for 8th. I will bring lots of decals. See the sticky SE Contingency Thread for more details. This is a SE/MidAtl contingency so Andrew will be going from RA with a bundle of decals for our MidAtl brothers.

If it was never a BeerTech car, you’re probably good. :woohoo:

So, I have re-read my post about needing a 325I engine and injector wire harness and it’s not written very well. What I really need are both wire harnesses for a 325I. Engine harness and Injector harness. I have had a couple people offer up an engine but I was not very clear in my first post. Sorry guys. Gress has an injector harness so I am now only looking for a hood and engine wire harness for Avery’s hot rod.

I have both harnesses. I’m wary tho of the difference between early and late harnesses. I’ve R/R several of my harnesses over the years w/o ever having to pay attention to the issue of early vs. late. I’m not even dead sure how to define “early?” All my engine harness use the late injector harness. Does that mean that all my harness are “late” even tho they came from big bumper cars?

Or maybe early vs. late can be ID’d by the O2 sensor connector type?

that right there is some funny shit…the beertech comment…

yes, green is bad luck

Al

late harness has separate injector harness with problematic round plug connection, early harness is all one piece…either can be a problem as they are getting old as doo doo now.

Plan on replacing large alternator circuit wires with new.

Al

It is quite simple to build your own injector harness with a good weather proof connector…highly recommended.

Parking has changed. The event is going to be run out of the DE pits, not the ProPits. So we’re not up on the hill, we’re sharing the skidpad with the Thunder Roadsters. This is going to be tight fit, so pls help evict anyone that attempts to park on the skidpad that does not belong.

Also, folks with open trailers, pls consider stashing your trailer down the hill. There is an area below us for open trailer parking.

http://www.nasa-se.com/i/paddocks/RoadAtlanta.jpg

Suuuuuuucks. Hate the DE pits. They are not big rig friendly.