ROLL CALL BW 4/17 AND 18

So far, Frank Q1, Victor Q2, Chris Q3, Tony Q4…

Race Tony P1, Victor, P2, Frank P3, Chris P4 with 2 offs…

Frank had fastest lap, Tony made it by at the start, Victor and Frank made chase and Victor bested Frank for P2 - hopefully they can provide more details… Chris had 2 offs…

Tomorrow there will be a 5th driver (mystery guest?? in a rented car from Walter.)

They are having too much fun, My Wife and I will go up tomorrow and create some photographic evidence of the events!

kgobey wrote:

[quote]So far, Frank Q1, Victor Q2, Chris Q3, Tony Q4…

Race Tony P1, Victor, P2, Frank P3, Chris P4 with 2 offs…

T[/quote]

Turns out that Buttonwillow talc works great as a polishing compound. The finish has never looked better :wink:

1st race weekend completed - this is more fun than !

Wasn’t sure if I was going to make it as Friday afternoon I discovered water leaking from the week hole in the water pump. I had the car smogged and they overheated it on the dyno :angry: So my Dad (THANKS DAD!) helped me change out the water pump and thermostat though Friday night and with just a few hours of sleep, I made it to the track on time.

I want to give a BIG shout of appreciation to Chris for his guidance all through my build and during the weekend. He is a wealth of information and his cool demeanor helped keep my nerves in control. He’s like a seasoned pro, knows his stuff and made time to talk and promote Spec e30 to everyone that stopped by to look at the cars or ask questions. THANK YOU , CHRIS!

Victor - great to meet you finally and what a blast that was battling it out on Saturday! Congratulations! Send me that video!!!

Tony - great meeting you too, hope you did well in the enduro and we’ll see you again soon! Congratulations on 1st place Saturday!

And Kieran - thanks for stopping by to watch the race, it was nice to meet your wife and can’t wait until you get your car done.

Sunday,

Frank Q1, Victor Q2, Chris Q3

Results were the same positions, but the race was a frikin mess, Renee and I have about 200 pictures to sift through… Some are great…

You guys did really well for your first races… I am super impressed and very jealous.

I’ll post my report later this week after I fix the mess they left me at work, but it was a great weekend, so much fun, and so much stress. They go together, don’t they?

reed wrote:

Congratulations Frank on a great weekend, I don’t think you placed a wheel wrong all weekend.

Once we got through Saturday with the Super Unlimited and Super Touring cars I actually believed we could do this. The HC and PT cars were like a breath of fresh air. The safety car caution on lap 9 Sunday was really interesting when two thirds of the field got the green, wasn’t as big a mess as I was expecting.

We need get more players so we can do the standing starts and run with Spec Miata and 944. Like you mentioned there was a lot of interest generated by the cars in the pits and how evenly matched they are on track.

“cool demeanor” it’s all an illusion. Want to see me pull a rabbit out of a hat?

Great to finally live up to the promise I made Victor and actually gave him someone to play with. Great fun.

Good to see how motivated Allan, Steffen and Matt are to get our there.

What a great supporter in Kieran and his wife driving up for the afternoon. Hope we provided a little entertainment and didn’t scare his wife away :slight_smile: